• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Riding the bench

Freethinker

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2022
Georgia
I've read several threads on benches and haven't found the droids I'm looking for. I'm getting ready to build a bench, not reloading right now, and curious about lessons learned and what you wish you would have done different when you built your bench. I'm planning to build it 72" long and 30" deep and 40" high with some cubbies to store items like dies, primers, etc. I have a 26" wide tool chest to put under the bench and will install a Forester Co-Ax later. Not planning on any track system.

Are you going to have storage on the wall above it? I built mine 24” deep to be able to reach into the cabinets mounted on the wall above my bench. Think the depth of a kitchen counter.

What are the heights of the equipment that you will be using? A progressive with bullet and case feeder will need more clearance than a single stage or co-Axil press.

If going pegboard - I recommend getting something more substantial than the generic mdf pegboard most big box stores use. For longevity of use.

Reactions: camocorvette
I just finished mine about a month ago. its 9' long x 24" deep x 48" tall (im 6'4" so its perfect elbow height while standing) I built it using 1/2" sande plywood, the top is 3/4" (looking back i should have done a butcher block top for the stiffness, the 3/4" plywood has some flex across the 3' center. )

4 cabinets - 2' T x 18" W x 2' D
6 Drawers - 4" T x 13" W x 19" D
4 Drawers - 10" T x 13" W x 19" D
center is 3' with 1" x 4" bracing
I used the under mounts for drawers and seem to hold a lot of weight.

I built this a lot nicer than it needed to be for the simple fact of testing my wood working abilities (cutting plywood sheets isnt much of "wood working", i know)

the left side is all reloading related tools/parts/components and the right side is all my other hand/power tools. Everything fits and i still have a couple of unused drawers/cabinets. guess ill have to fill those up. haha.

Attachments

• Reloading Bench.jpg
    Reloading Bench.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 43
I just finished mine about a month ago. its 9' long x 24" deep x 48" tall (im 6'4" so its perfect elbow height while standing) I built it using 1/2" sande plywood, the top is 3/4" (looking back i should have done a butcher block top for the stiffness, the 3/4" plywood has some flex across the 3' center. )

4 cabinets - 2' T x 18" W x 2' D
6 Drawers - 4" T x 13" W x 19" D
4 Drawers - 10" T x 13" W x 19" D
center is 3' with 1" x 4" bracing
I used the under mounts for drawers and seem to hold a lot of weight.

I built this a lot nicer than it needed to be for the simple fact of testing my wood working abilities (cutting plywood sheets isnt much of "wood working", i know)

the left side is all reloading related tools/parts/components and the right side is all my other hand/power tools. Everything fits and i still have a couple of unused drawers/cabinets. guess ill have to fill those up. haha.
Looks like a nice setup!

Reactions: BearNaked