• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer Live !

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Awesomeness from Ridley Scott

<object id="fstg008_44fd08de981d553507cb9d27b92ab001" class="SpringboardPlayer" width="620" height="385" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/fstg008/673/410257/"></param>
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
    <embed src="http://www.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/fstg008/673/410257/" width="620" height="385" name="fstg008_44fd08de981d553507cb9d27b92ab001" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></embed>
    </object>

Re: Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer Live !

I'm a big Ridley Scott fan. This looks promising. Michael Fassbender is also awesome. This is a prequel to the original Alien right?

It's the origin of the corpse in the chair in the original Alien, where all the eggs were, but my understanding is no "Aliens" in the flick. Its more about genetic engineering for the origins of life of which the Alien was a weapon, at least that is how I am reading it.

But word was, no "Aliens" aside from the owners of the original ship.

I was so looking forward to working on that, but alas I was assigned to "Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's the origin of the corpse in the chair in the original Alien, where all the eggs were, but my understanding is no "Aliens" in the flick. Its more about genetic engineering for the origins of life of which the Alien was a weapon, at least that is how I am reading it.

But word was, no "Aliens" aside from the owners of the original ship. </div></div>

I see. I'm going to look into it some more. I heard about this a while back but wasn't sure what exactly it was at the time.

Just noticed guy pearce is in it also. Man the more i watch the trailer the better it looks. He seems to have put together a good cast, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, and Guy Pearce.

wtf..Abe Lincoln vampire hunter..is that a joke? grasping at straws now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wtf..Abe Lincoln vampire hunter..is that a joke? grasping at straws now</div></div>

Russian director of "Wanted" and Nightwatch/Daywatch series...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1611224/

As for "Prometheus", there's some really amazing, detailed visual effects work being done on it, but I can't speak for the script, whether the story will be any good. Crossing fingers....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Just noticed guy pearce is in it also. Man the more i watch the trailer the better it looks. He seems to have put together a good cast, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, and Guy Pearce. </div></div>

Don't forget Noomi Rapace, I will not miss this in the theater. I already see I have that day off the day this starts
    smile.gif

Thanks, LL; now I have something more to look forward to.

Nothing, but <span style="font-style: italic">nothing</span> chilled my blood the way the original <span style="font-style: italic">Alien</span> did.

Greg

I've also put this one in my "Must Watch" list. In fact, I'll probably be there on opening weekend.

That looks killer, its been too long since we had an Aliens style movie and Ridley Scott usually delivers!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2IfFUdy8Uw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2IfFUdy8Uw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Can't...fucking...wait...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it me, or did it actually show a living "SPACE JOCKEY"? </div></div>

Yup....its going to be a interesting movie for sure.

That is one of the few movies that I am really looking forward to seeing at the theater

You can imagine how frustrating it is knowing that the guys across the hall from me have been working on this since back in October, but access locks prevent me from perusing their files
    frown.gif

Not bad, I will definitely be picking this up in blu-ray.
    Second trailer made it much more appealing and of course it does not hurt that Charlize Theron is in there also.

And now another trailer...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1byZkbNB3Jw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1byZkbNB3Jw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

The blonde is hot.

Looking forward to this as well - I really hope its a solid story. When the first Alien came out eons ago, I always wondered what sort of conditions would cause nature to create a creature with such tremendous defense mechanisms. Should be interesting..

Maybe it's covered in the Q&A above, but I read that the project originated as a prequel to Alien, then Scott decided after a few drafts that he wanted to go in a tangential direction. He thought the eggs and crawlers and aliens had all been done to death and wanted new shock value stuff that would have shock value.

I sure hope Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter is better than the book. I mean a LOT better than the book. I have an immeasurable capacity for suspension of disbelief but a very low threshold of boredom.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWmbqH_z7jM&ob=av3e"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWmbqH_z7jM&ob=av3e" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Ohhhh... its making more sense now! I bet the guys that are busting into the hanger in the international trailer, are shooting at this guy loosing his shizzle like Ash did.

"You put a synthetic on board!"

I never go to the theater...but will in June. This is going to be awesome.

The thing about these movies that annoy me the most is the technology timeline failure.
    This looks like it's a victim of this much the same way Lucas failed with the last three (Ep 1,2 &3) Star Wars movies.

What I mean by this is, the filming was done a certain way, be it blue screen or whatever, that causes the movie to look a certain age (dates). In Star Wars, the ships, clothing, cantina on Tattoine, it all looked kinda old and genuine. Jump to 1999 in what is suppose to be Episode 1, long before Star Wars of 1977 when I saw it as a kid in grade 1, and everything is new and crisp. Ships look more advanced, fancier lightsabers and super modern cities. Hello, how do you then explain Star Wars?

Alien- Old freighter ship, oily coveralls on the crew, makeshift flamethrower weapons, everything looked old.
    Promethius- Supposed to be before Alien or around the same timeline. Bright clean and high tech ships, hot weapons, fancy fabric suits and vehicles. WTF

I know what your going to say. Everything today is mostly PC generated for the special effects. Ya, well I think it ruins the look of the films today. Makes the whole timeline seems broken up. Ya, we all like the cool new weapons but they're suppose to be similar or prior to the old movies. Don't dazzle people with special effects, that's cheap. If the film is any good in it's writing than that's all it takes to support the film. Today we are so easily entertained with no thinking. Talking about Zombies, we have become the tech Zombies.

Hey, this is just my opinion. It's like music today, terrible and usually remix of the old good stuff! Have a good one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seventy 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Alien- Old freighter ship, oily coveralls on the crew, makeshift flamethrower weapons, everything looked old.
    Promethius- Supposed to be before Alien or around the same timeline. Bright clean and high tech ships, hot weapons, fancy fabric suits and vehicles. WTF

</div></div>

That's like comparing a modern USN Destroyer to a 30 year old coal freighter.

Exactly, and they are supposedly during the same time period!!!!
    Ruins the show!

Fiction, folks... It's <span style="font-style: italic">fiction</span>.

Technology mismatch even occurs in real life.

When the SEALs were getting started, they had a 'toys' budget that was bigger than the annual expenditure for the entire USMC (per Military Channel's <span style="font-style: italic">Weaponology</span>). I would be willing to suggest they had some stuff that was several generations more advanced than what folks were training on at Benning.

...And that's just real life...

Greg

With regard to "Star Wars", a buddy of mine was a conceptual artist on the prequels and he said numerous times that they were directed towards a look that was more hand-crafted and elegant vs mass produced and worn as things looked in the original films. He likened it to the difference between a car from the 1950s vs 1980s.

I agree about the new star wars films. I never relay liked them. same kind of thing here but it looks great. I think it will be much more exciting than the 3rd one any way.

I am freaking the fuck out waiting on this movie! Aliens is my favorite movie of ALL time. This experience will be made even Better by the fact I'll get to watch it at the grand opening night of the new IMAX by my house. SWEEEEEEEEET!

The AvP, Alien and Predator comics are the only comics I was ever into as a kid. I was thrilled to see the two worlds combined. This also satisfies the curiosity about the Space Jockeys. I just want to know where this fits in with the Alien timeline. Is it before, during, or after the ordeal with Rippley?

sorry for the stupid question but what are the Space Jockeys?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seventy 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry for the stupid question but what are the Space Jockeys? </div></div>

The dead pilot creature with the elephant-ish face pictured in Alien within the ship.

300px-SpaceJockey.jpg