• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle barrels

train

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2005
Hart rifle barrels anybody using them?
And if not why not.
Kevin

I've used (literally) hundreds of them, and they're great barrels. They used to see a lot more use in the BR circles, but there's so many choices out on today's market that the individual market share is being divided among more players today than just a few years ago. Great folks to deal with, too.

I run a Hart and it is extremely accurate. Easy to clean too. I consider Hart, Bartlein, Obermeyer and Broughton the best, in no particular order. Kevin, above, is right about there being so many good choices these days.

John Whidden built a .300WM on a 700 action with a 26" Hart, light palma countour, for me. Shoots FGMM 190 SMK, Black Hills 190 SMK, and Hornady 195 match under 1/2 moa. Can't find much match factory ammo now a days, so i'm working on reloading. No complaints from me on this Hart.

Thanks guys for the info. That is pretty much what the smith told me. I plan on rebarreling my tikka m695 with a heavy barrel. I hope it turns out.

Kevin