• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Basix LV-1?

dsp338

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2009
PA
Thought I would try one but I'm having trouble adjusting it. When I get it to the crispness that I like it will slam fire(closing the bolt fast and hard). For me to get it not to do that I have to add some creep to it which is what I don't want. I was hesitant to buy one of these triggers but thought I would try one. Does anyone else have this problem?

Re: Rifle Basix LV-1?

How light are you trying to set it? There not Jewell benchrest triggers, But I sure like mine.

It said it came set at 12 oz so I let it set at that, just tried to adjust the crispness. All of my other aftermarket triggers are jewells so maybe I'm expecting to much out of the rifle basix.

I think you hit it on the head! Comparing Jewell's and Rifle Basix ain't comparing apples to apples.

Change your complete firing pin over to a PTG.

The cocking piece that is in the Remmy is finished very rough.
I installed a complete fluted steel, firing pin, w/new cocking piece.
That took care of all the creep and allowed for a nice clean break.
Very happy with the trigger now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Change your complete firing pin over to a PTG.

The cocking piece that is in the Remmy is finished very rough.
I installed a complete fluted steel, firing pin, w/new cocking piece.
That took care of all the creep and allowed for a nice clean break.
Very happy with the trigger now.
</div></div>

I know this is a little dated thread, but I am not understanding how the firing pin and cocking piece on a Rem 700 relate to trigger creep. The creep in the Rifle Basix trigger is due to poor alignment of the cast/injection molded parts. Mine is bad. I can see a gap on one side of the sear

I am having the same issues as the OP with a Rifle Basix ERV-3. They are sold as 4oz to 20oz adjustable. That is nowhere near true. Well... it is if you want 1/16" of sloppy creep or more. I had to turn the weight all the way up and still dial in some creep in order to get enough sear engagement to keep it from slam firing. Had I known they were built with MIM parts I would not have ordered one. My Shilen on the other hand is awesome.