• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Rifle Basix trigger problem

danb303

Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Alabama
I bought a used trigger off this forum a few months ago and it will not adjust. It's at the smith now and he called and said the screws don't change anything. It's set pretty heavy and has a good bit of creep. So basically it's not usable. Previous owner said he never tried adjusting it.
Anyone know what's going on? Thanks

Re: Rifle Basix trigger problem

I sent about 5 Rifle Basix triggers back because of same problem. Good thing is call Clay at Rifle Basix and he will send you a new one. I stopped using them and only use Jewell and Timney now.

i have two of them and couldn't be happier, just followed the instructions and now i have lighter trigger pul with very little if any creep and adjusted the overtravel to about "nil'.
i would buy another!!

Mine just needed a tad bit of sear engagement adjustment to make it work right, but frankly, it is not really much better if at all from an old-style Remington trigger (the fully adjustable one). The Allen screws are nicer to adjust and they don't need Loctite, but a properly tuned and adjusted R700 old-style trigger is hard to beat.

Clay said he was sending me another trigger. But it's not here yet. Wow, he is very fast to answer your questions and get back to you

I just put a Timney trigger in a Remington 700. Same thing, nothing I did would change it. I change the angle on the sear just a hair and that helped.

Kc

I've called rifle basix 5 times over the last month and sent emails and have yet to speak to anyone. I have left messages and have not received 1 call back. I pretty pissed at the CS they got going on now. How in the world did yall get in touch with someone at this company??????

Well after all the emails about sending me a new trigger have stopped and I haven't received a trigger or an email
frown.gif
he started out good then just dropped me

Was thinking of going with a Rifle Basix over a Timney. Think I just changed my mind.