• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Basix vs. Timney for CZ 455/Tacticool

sentry1

Crayon Eater
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2012
Madison, Alabama
I'm looking for some first hand experience in making my decision. Both are about the same price and seem to offer the same features, with the Timney losing out slightly because it may need some inletting.

I plan to use this on a CZ455 in a Tacticool stock. Is there any real differentiating factor, or is it just a matter of buy one and get on with life?

P.S. Let's not waste time discussing the "poor man's trigger job," etc... I don't feel like mucking about with shims and springs.

My timney is ok, but i had some trouble with it. it was too heavy and i tried adjusting it myself and had problems with sear engagement. i took it to a gunsmith buddy of mine and he fixed it as good as it can be, but i still have some trouble with reset and i dont think the 2.5 lbs i have now is worth it. it may need to go back to timney to be reset and reworked by them. im ok with it now, but would be more inclined to avoid if i was buying new.

My timney is ok, but i had some trouble with it. it was too heavy and i tried adjusting it myself and had problems with sear engagement. i took it to a gunsmith buddy of mine and he fixed it as good as it can be, but i still have some trouble with reset and i dont think the 2.5 lbs i have now is worth it. it may need to go back to timney to be reset and reworked by them. im ok with it now, but would be more inclined to avoid if i was buying new.

Same. I had to get the setting high enough to where the bolt wouldn't just come out of the receiver when I went to cycle a round.

I like my Timney.

I went with Timney to match my R700 .308 rifle.