• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Case Recommendations

Jungle George

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Okay, so I'm working on a DPMS GII bull 24". This is my first AR so I'm learning as I go. What would be a good case to haul this beast around in? I saw the post about the LaRue case, that looks pretty good.

Thanks,

George

What is your budget? Do you want a hard or soft case? Hard-case I like the obvious Pelican. Soft Midway USA.

If referring to my thread on the mark II larue case, a 24" AR upper won't fit.

In addition to questions RFM posted above, are you looking for compact case that you would breakdown the upper and lower to store and carry, or a case long enough to keep the AR pinned together?

For a budget hard case (under $80) the Plano AW series cases aren't bad at all.

I second tactical tailor. I have been using there soft rifle cases for a few years and it is impossible to find signs of wear on any of them. Not to mention their customer service is amazing.

The Plano all weather cases are fantastic for the money. You can order replacement foam from the manufacturer relatively inexpensive also.

I got a TacOps Drag Bag, while I'll never drag it, if I did its built like brick house, not cheap(mine came off the prize table) but well worth it.

I agree, the IShot cases are just excellent, they are built very well. I have one that is going on 6 years old and no signs of wear.

Mine has ridden in the trunk of multiple police cars for the last 9 years. It has survived 3 serious rear end collisions and 1 head on with a drunk. Other than some black marks on the cloth from stuff in the trunk rubbing against it still looks great and protects everything.