• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Cases

sroc112

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2024
USA
I currently use soft gun cases for all of my transport to/from range but have been looking into a few hard cases to have on hand as well.

While I love Pelican products, the cost for their rifle cases is just not in the budget right now.

Looking into Plano and debating between the all weather 2 or the rustrictor series.

Does anyone know anything about their rustrictor "technology"? Is it actually anything beneficial to support the price premium over the all weather? Apparently they use it in their tackle boxes as well.

Just thought I'd see if anyone here has any feedback/suggestions. Thanks

I've used Pelican's in the past but, Boyt, in my opinion, is just a good at a fraction of the price. That and they have held up to well in adverse weather conditions.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I actually prefer Boyt over Pelican even without cost being a factor.

Reactions: Milf Dots
No matter the case selected you should incorporate at least one of these:

222555[1].jpg

I too recommend looking at Boyt

But also look at Condition 1

Look at Nanuk hard sided cases as well. Very well built and reasonably priced (relative to Pelican) when on sale.

Reactions: ma smith