• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle chambered in 260 Remington Tactical

Darryle

Geezer
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
What, if any, are the consequences of shooting factory 260 Remington ammo in this rifle? What options are available to re-chamber this rifle if I cannot safely shoot the factory 260 ammunition?

Thanks

None with most bullets commonly run in AICS mag lengths.
It has a shorter throat.
You could easily lengthen the throat.

Last edited:
The tactical chamber has slightly looser tolerances to allow for running in tough or dirty conditions without hiccup. The usually means slightly more room in the chamber and neck area. It’s what I run. No neck turning or hang ups under any conditions.

This is info from a 2013 post on the tactical chamber:

Here are the chamber specs:
6.5 CALIBER NECK DIAMETER THROAT ANGLE FREEBORE TOOL MATERIAL GAUGING
260 REMINGTON TACTICAL MATCH 0.2980 1*30" 0.088 HSS .308W GO (looser neck, throated for heavy stuff in an AI mag)

Here are the standard .260 specs:
260 REMINGTON MATCH 0.2960 1*30" 0.18 HSS .308W GO

7AF93F0B-F1B2-480C-8A11-6E4A145FBE54.jpeg

The tactical chamber has slightly looser tolerances to allow for running in tough or dirty conditions without hiccup. The usually means slightly more room in the chamber and neck area. It’s what I run. No neck turning or hang ups under any conditions.

This is info from a 2013 post on the tactical chamber:
Back in the days before Long COAL AI mags this was a great chamber.
If you want to run magpul mags of the AI or AR10 varieties it still is

Thanks guys, I won't worry with it, it's a nice little Long Rifles Inc build, need to mount an optic and get to work.

Reactions: lash