• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rifle competitions - internal box magazine

Atticum

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
Nashville, TN
My cousin is looking at buying an a bolt action rifle. He was considering the Kimber 8400 Advanced Tactical. He wants to eventually shoot in competitions. I'm not sure what kind of long range competitions he was talking about (3 gun, F class, 2 man?).

I was wondering if anyone has seen competitors with internal box magazine bolt actions in the various types of competitions you have participated in? Were they at considerable a disadvantage?

Thanks,
Matt

Re: rifle competitions - internal box magazine

At the PRC match that just happened in Phoenix, there were quit a few top loaders out there. The only disadvantage I saw was they would run short if the stage had more then 4 rounds to be fired, they just had to single feed. other then that it took them a bit longer to get loaded. If he has the choice go for a DBM if not he will live

Re: rifle competitions - internal box magazine

being a top loader is a severe disadvantage in the games we play...remember the scenarios are to replicate multiple targets in a short period of time...and to score hits.....one can never make up lost time pushing the boolets in the top of an empty rifle.....