• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Kraft targets with Air Gun

Defender32

Whiskey & Hammers Help
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 28, 2020
    West KY
    I have been meaning to do this for a wile and finally put my practice preparation game back together. I started seeing my scores drop and knew it was my Mental & Physical practice/ preparation. I have 50y in my back yard and put it to use.

I printed the targets and went through the process. here is the Down, Dirty and Ugly. I have submitted them online to Chris's website. I figured out in my 4 drills that I don't properly support the rear of my rifle and allow the recoil impulse to make it dip pushing the round up. I also noticed my group is shifted to the left .2mil. I am guessing the is something that will change as my NPA gets better. Here are the pictures and ask the questions if you need.

Rifle Kraft drill.
    Target at 50y ( 100y Center Fire )
    1- Shot Standing, 1- Shot Kneeling, 1-Shot Sitting, 1- Shot Prone
    Repeat for 3 rounds 12 total shots

I shot this drill all off of my Practice Tree.

IMG_7565.jpeg

I tried to build a position like I would in a match situation. I didn't care about time.
    70415610074__6D42401C-A518-47FA-8330-EE2E443846F0.jpeg

I set a 2 min timer to try and keep the shots in stage time. I was able to get 9 off in that time. This is where I noticed my impacts pushing up. I was rushing to get through. Slow hits get more points than Fast Misses!!!
    70415669825__0CA65770-6664-4E3D-9FA2-BB427264D415.jpeg

I set a 2 min timer to try and keep the shots in stage time. I was able to get 8 off in that time. I focused on rear support a little more. The group was a little better, but still high.
    IMG_7568.jpeg

4th target I followed the training class I took 4 weeks ago to a "T" and it 100% works. I know what I need to build on and practice. I know it's going to take repetitions to get it built into the Subconscious.
    IMG_7569.jpeg

I did a little more Rifle Kraft practice this weekend.

What I learned in this session is my Impact is bag / hold sensitive on recoil. I was using my Gray Ops CNC plate with bag attached and noticed the recoil of the rifle was off and moving PIO vs POA when shot was broke. I removed the bag and went back to my Schmedium and everything fell back into place. My after shot position and recoil management needs work and is getting better. My positions with NPA and solid position is getting better. I am not keeping time, I am focusing on a solid POA w/ building a solid position.

IMG_7598.jpeg
    IMG_7600.jpeg
    IMG_7601.jpeg
    IMG_7604.jpeg
    IMG_7605.jpeg
    IMG_7606.jpeg
    IMG_7607.jpeg
    IMG_7599.jpeg

Reactions: pinch45
    I like those targets, lots of points to use an POA. I just printed the MDT targets for this reason. Nice set up. I like your gun a lot. Mine is similar, Minus the Airmarksmen Rail, I havent gotten it yet.

Reactions: Defender32
    I like the drill for the Rifle Kraft a lot. when I was first exposed to it a couple of years ago I was " what the hell good is this?". After 2 years of shooting and trying to figure out the method of purposeful practice. I discovered the Kraft Target is just that. Incorporate into your practice and position building. It will tell you what works and what don't.

The rifle has been a 1 year build process to the day this weekend. I bought it KY Derby weekend in 2022. The Backbone Rail and Gen 4 Kraford & Lypt ARCA Rail make all the difference in a solid setup.

Is there a standard distance for the Kraft drill with a PCP?
    I shot mine at 50y. The data is designed around Center Fire and 100Y. I chose to do it for my Zero distance. Most all Competition CF rifles are zeroed at 100y. Being consistent is the key.

I like the drill for the Rifle Kraft a lot. when I was first exposed to it a couple of years ago I was " what the hell good is this?". After 2 years of shooting and trying to figure out the method of purposeful practice. I discovered the Kraft Target is just that. Incorporate into your practice and position building. It will tell you what works and what don't.

The rifle has been a 1 year build process to the day this weekend. I bought it KY Derby weekend in 2022. The Backbone Rail and Gen 4 Kraford & Lypt ARCA Rail make all the difference in a solid setup.
    I got the K&L PRS buttstock like the week it was available. I loved it. I thought "Hey my M3 will be different" hahaha turns out it was like the product of the year. This has been K&L's homerun swing in my opinion.

Reactions: Defender32