• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle/optic for NRL22/X matches

kjeff91

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2018
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Currently I am running a T1x with a Vortex D Back Tac 6-24x and running base class. I'm busy this year for nationals, but would love to make the trip next year. I don't see as many people talking about the Tikka as the CZ or RPR (don't think I'm ready for Voodoo money yet), would it be worth it to snag a CZ/Ruger and start using that? Or would better glass help at all, even if I move up to open?

Thanks for any insight.

I would stick with your set up but look at some upgrades you can make.

Consider adding an arca rail to the stock- this would give you a quick detach setup for your bipod, my stiffen the factory stock, and add a flat surface for riding a bag on barricades (makes a big difference on stability).

One of the biggest things I don't care for on the T1X is the super short factory bolt handle. Consider adding one of our aftermarket bolt handles or someone else's. The extra length really gives your some needed leverage and a better purchase for quickly operating the bolt.

Spend the money you'd save going to a different rig on ammo, an arca clamp for your bipod, and one really good bag (I personally prefer Armageddon Gear Game Changer in the Mini or Schmedium).

Here's a link to our replacement bolt handles if you're interested:

The answer is a Bergara B14r. It’s for people, like me and you, who don’t want to spend Voodoo money but still get a gun that will keep up with ANYTHING. Top it off with a Strike Eagle 5-25 or a PST and yer golden.

I think he wants to stay in Base Class...the B14R MSRP alone throws you into Open Class immediately.

Stick with your Tikka. The Ruger Precision Rimfire is disappointing more times than not. They use the word "Precision" because it looks like a mini version of the centerfire Precision Rifle, not because it denotes any accuracy claims.

Moving to a CZ won't make you a better shooter. They are fine rifles, but they aren't more accurate than the T1x.

Bergara is coming out with the BMR in a few months...no idea if it will be as accurate as a full sized B14R, but it is meant to compete with the T1x...basically the same MSRP. That might be an interesting rifle....

I absolutely love my B14R. It is the "Poor Mans Vudoo". For me, I don't think the extra $1,500 would be worth it for the small accuracy gained by stepping up to the Vudoo...I can already clear a KYL rack at 75 yards with my B14R.

Reactions: Precision Shooters
Not to totally jump on the band wagon but I will anyway- the tikka. Stick with it until you can outshoot it and/or have the budget to get a rifle that will stay ahead of you for quite a while. Chassis will help-i have mine bone stock for nrl22 and a second in a bravo for prs training. Glass only if going farther out. Ammo to get more trigger time any day. Ammo to get more trigger time (did I already mention that?) Dfat for indoor dryfire training on positions is another good way to spend a bit o money.