• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rifle optics on a XP-100.

AMAC

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2009
East Tennessee
I was searching on Remington XP-100s and found some pictures of them with rifle scopes instead of pistol scopes. How well does this work, any problems with the eye relief ? I have been thinking about putting one on my .223 XP-100.

Re: Rifle optics on a XP-100.

I run a 16x Mark 4 on one chambered in 300-221. I don't get hit by the scope through recoil, but mine does weigh a good 7 or 8 pounds. I would try to keep the eye relief at a minimum of about 4", but if you find you need more you can always just move back a couple of inches and live with the poor sight picture.

There are also some intermediate eye relief scopes intended for scout style rifles that would probably work well.

Just go with the Burris 3-12x LER. All the eye relief you ever wanted and for most more power than you can hold still even off a good rest. I know some guys use more power, but you might want to try 12x before you decide more is better. I also have a Nightforce 12-42 that is rarely ever above 30x. More x's are always a good idea on paper.

Leupold also makes a 2.5-8x that is a great piece of glass.

JB

If you have a heavy barrel on that gun you might be able to get away with a rifle scope. Buddy has a 260 striker with a semi-heavy barrel and he uses a Bushnell but does have to back off and live with a dime sized picture. I use 3-12 Burris with ballistic plex on both my Xps. One is 260 and the other is 7-08. I have no problem with shooting out to 1000 yards with them and feel I can see even the little 2 1/2" x 4" rectangle plate at the 900 yard line well enough to occasionally hit it.

I know a lot of SP shooters on the SP forum and also my buddy DaleT like their rifle scopes on the bolt pistols and have great success with them. I've just not felt the need to need more than the Burris yet. But... I am using a VGM variable gantry mount on both my guns which lets me set my different elevations without cranking on the scope at all.

I can send you a picture if you want of that mount or it's on this site I think down in the Hunting section with handguns.

Topstrap