• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Pack

Drummerjay08

Short Action Super-Freak
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2012
TN
I'm looking for a good rifle pack. Can someone point me in the right direction. Comparisons of features and such would be nice too. Thanks!

Re: Rifle Pack

Have you tried the search engine here? Thier have been a couple of in depth reviews on them.
Eberlestock or VooDoo Tactical Praetorian. The Eberelestock puts the rifle coser to your back, and point muzzle down and has a full cover over it. It also gives you more cammo options than the VooDoo Tactical. The VooDoo has the gear between you and the rifle and keeps the muzzle pointed up and I would recomend getting a scope cover / muzzle protector for it look at Triad Tactical for one of those. The Voodoo only has OD Green, Cyote Tan and Black. If you choose to go Eberlestock which is my recomendation, hook up with Ceylonc he is a hide vendor and will set you up.

I did read a couple of the threads here on the hide just wanted a good recommendation since I have no experience with rifle packs. Thanks a bunch for the info! I love this forum lol

Not a problem Welcome to the Hide, I have learnt much and still much much more to learn. I will warn you 1 you will spend alot of time on here, 2 you will spend alot of money on here also lol. 3 if you read and are willing to learn you will be better for it. If you want to PM Ceylonc go to the User List on the top and type in his name. I dont know of any other Hide Vendors that sell Eberlestock other than Ceylonc so if thier are please feel free to chime in. Besides Midway USA or Brownells.

Well I already spend alot of time on here, it's already caused me to spend a bunch of money lol, and that's why I'm here...to learn as much as I can. I think I'm in the right place and on the right track lol.

Eberlestock builds a tremendous rifle pack. There are several models popular with 'Hiders (that well suit their needs, etc), namely the following:

--X3 LoDrag;
--Gunslinger II;
--G3 Phantom;
--G4 Operator;
--J107 Dragonfly "M" model;

Which would be best for you is going to come down to your preferences & specific applications. Feel free to get in touch with me & I'd be happy to help answer your questions.

Regarding the Voodoo Praetorian, it is a nice pack but really isn't in the same league from a construction or capabilities standpoint as the Eberlestock design. Moreover, the rifle carrying system offers much less protection to your rifle than Eberlestock's integrated scabbard. I'm a Voodoo dealer too & would be happy to hook you up but going the Eberlestock route is probably your best option.

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
(901)334-6808

I picked up a Eberlestock Gunslinger II last year and used it at the Mammoth Sniper Challenge. I couldn't of asked for a better pack for the job. Probably 90% of the competitors where using some type of Eberlestock packs. Take a look at their website and decide which pack would be the best for you. if your going to use it for hunting you might want to look at a couple of their expandable packs so you can carry game out of the backwoods. They are pretty price buy you pay for quality.

Eberlestock makes great stuff, love there drag bag and the gunslinger i've had

Alright I think the x3 lo drag is gonna be my first rifle pack. Thanks for the input everyone!

I have an voodoo tactical that works well. Does what I need and hasn't shown any signs of wear yet. It was cheap compared to other bags and had great reviews.

How is the voodoo tactical a far as comfort when carrying a rifle in it? Is the rifle vertical next to your back or carried another way?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Firstroundhit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the voodoo tactical a far as comfort when carrying a rifle in it? Is the rifle vertical next to your back or carried another way? </div></div>
It is carried farther away from the back (unlike the Eberlestock design) and requires that you carry the rifle muzzle up. Here are two pics of the pack, one without weapon & the other showing where the carry system resides:

1148_2_.jpg

1148_5_.jpg

Nothing against the Voodoo Praetorian but, again, it isn't in the same league as the Eberlestock X3 LoDrag or other models that use an integrated scabbard. One thing to remember as well is the lower portion of the scabbard with the Eberlestock packs will fold underneath the pack, making the bottom flush when not carrying a weapon.

Hope this helps... Just ask if you have additional questions.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

The voodoo looks like a decent pack but I don't like the idea of carrying my rifle muzzle up and it seems like there's not much support for the rifle when it's strapped in. So far it's still gonna be the Lo Drag.

Eberlestock and buy it from Ceylon he will walk you through everything and his customer service is outstanding. Buy once, Cry once. I have the GSII and I love it (bought it from Ceylon).
Good luck,
Chris

I have bought two Eberlestock packs from Ceylon. He is second to none when it comes to customer service. He goes the extra mile to make sure you are buying the right pack for your needs and to make sure you are happy.

Bill

I had the Voodoo bag and picked it out primarily due to its much lower price. It is definitely not in the same class as any Eberlestock; however, that also means it is alot less expensive. The Voodoo bag holds alot by volume, but when you begin to put heavy items in, it really stresses the bag. I found that the cords attached to the zippers, i.e. the zipper pulls, after a month or two of use, began to bend their attachment points at the zipper and the cords would pull free of the zipper. It was only a temporary fix by using a Leatherman to crimp down the metal over the cord. The bag also began to separate at some of the seams. (If you want pics - send me a message and I will send it to you.) I actually chucked my bag for the intended purpose and it now holds some small tools and jumper cables in my trunk. I know from others that Voodoo will honor their warranty and replace product. But still, I can not honestly recommend a Voodoo bag to someone. Save your money for something better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ceylon is the man. </div></div>

This, +10000

I am VERY HAPPY with my G3 Operator. I can carry a rifle and a couple pieces of 12" steel into the mountains as well as all my shooting gear.

Got mine through Delta Outdoorsman. Ceylon bent over backwards to get the gear to me in Alaska.

+1 on eberlestock. have an eberlestock rifle pack and love it.

Paulus

I was torn between the lo drag and the VooDoo Preatorian. I ordered the Voodoo as it had more space. I really wanted the G4 but I could'nt spend that much. I have a few VooDoo products and some have seen some serious time being drug in the mud in the brush and so far no complaints. If the Voodoo fails I will send it in for a replacement, sell it and get the G4...

I have been very happy with my Gunslinger II. It’s well-designed and carrys a load very well.

i've seen eberlestocks hold up well hauling elk quarters in rough country. the only packs i've used that stabilize loads better are Dana's (mystery ranch). i only have 2 dislikes about the eberlestocks: 1) it takes too long to get the gun out, and 2) i've seen even nightforce turrets get inadvertently adjusted in the process of loading/unloading from them.

I just went from a Gunslinger to an X3. I like the GS, but the X3 is better for what I need. I've walked a ways with a rucksack, and balancing your load is critical. I like the fact that I can drop my rifle in the scabbard and not have to rebalance my load. When you strap a rifle to the side of a ruck it will make a huge difference. If you do I suggest have a movable water bladder across the top that you can move to the side to even out the rifle when it's strapped in.

And another +1 for Ceylon!