• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle primers

Well, either you misunderstood me or I wasn’t sufficiently clear.

I KNOW that competitors are a small part of the ammo market by numbers. I also know that even though they prob shoot a lot more than your average Fudd, their total consumption is still small compared to, for example, deer hunters. Matter of fact, I didn’t mention competition shooters at all. I did say reloaders

i shot registered skeet for a very long time. Maybe 15 years ago I knew a VP of Remington who shot skeet in the mid-Atlantic region. In response to complaints about the high cost of 28 ga and 410 target ammo, his reply was that it’s such a small market compared to hunting shot shell that they produce the entire year’s worth of 28 ga STS in one week.

Nonetheless, they, Federal, and Winchester still sponsored top skeet competitors w ammo just as Krieghoff and Kolar sponsored them w guns.

And why? Because they know the guy coming to the range looks to these top shooters and tries to emulate what the use. They want to know if Bender shoots 8.5 or 9’s, what chokes Giambrone uses, what length barrel does Armstrong shoot, etc, etc, etc. Competitors and serious shooters (e.g. AAA/AA shooters in skeet) are highly visible and very valuable brand ambassadors.

That’s why the WHAT THE PROS USE articles on Accurate keep getting published and read.

And, IMO, metallic cartridge reloaders also tend to be serious and experienced shooters that others look to emulate.

and even if not, reloaders are still a loyal market segment, who will still be around and buying when all this current foolishness is over, and my opinion is the this they are making a mistake in only releasing primers that are in excess of what they can stuff into a case.

I’m certainly not advocating that the ammo manf prioritize reloaders over finished cartridges production. But they are a market segment and IMO they should be given an allocation of primer production and not just be given the just extra to finished ammo production requirements.

As for my opinions being “incredibly misinformed”, I don’t remember soliciting YOUR opinion about MY opinion. Right? LOL
Are you equating average Joe high end reloader to brand ambassadors?

Are you equating average Joe high end reloader to brand ambassadors?
Please stop now. I explained my thinking behind my prior post and I believe I was clear

Agree or disagree....doesn’t matter to me. At this point it appears you are just looking for an argument or a debate and I’m not going to participate.

best of luck to you.

Please stop now. I explained my thinking behind my prior post and I believe I was clear

Agree or disagree....doesn’t matter to me. At this point it appears you are just looking for an argument or a debate and I’m not going to participate.

best of luck to you.
It was a basic question, don't read what isn't written.

I have found primers regularly online at reloadunlimited.com.
Forgive me for not trusting a poster with 4 posts talking about a website that was established this year that claims to have all manners of unobtainable reloading components for sale with free shipping and no hazmat fee. $51 shipped for 1k CCI small rifle primers? Yeah, totally trustworthy!

Last edited:
How does one get invited/join the discord servers everyone is mentioning?

How does one get invited/join the discord servers everyone is mentioning?
it doesn't matter much, I've been on the reloading discord server... distill alerts get to me before discord...

I'm lucky enough to have a year supply, at this point, but regularly get notifications that Midway, Graffs, Midsouth, Brownells, etc have primers in stock for 70-85 per thousand shipped (50-60 before shipping), with a 2k limit... for now I usually pass, occasionally one will offer 5k cases, and I'll buy then.

I previously picked up some few boxes of small rifle primers at TACTICAL-GUNS.COM in cisco texas.
You can check on them maybe there still got some in stock .
Joined yesterday. Has one post, the one I quoted, to bump a dead year old thread. Recommends an internet only gun store that apparently has all sorts of ammo and primers in stock. Said internet only gun store only accepts Venmo and Zelle as payment. Listed phone number for the supposed Cisco, TX gun store has a Portland, OR area code. Here kitty kitty

@Rob01 @lowlight care to show this kind person to the exit door?

Last edited:
Joined yesterday. Has one post, the one I quoted, to bump a dead year old thread. Recommends an internet only gun store that apparently has all sorts of ammo and primers in stock. Said internet only gun store only accepts Venmo and Zelle as payment. Listed phone number for the supposed Cisco, TX gun store has a Portland, OR area code. Here kitty kitty

@Rob01 @lowlight care to show this kind person to the exit door?
this thread is a year old...