• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Ranges in South Alabama

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL
I tried a google search but I couldnt find much info. I just PCS'd to Ft.Rucker which is near Dothan and Enterprise and I am looking for some 600-1000 yard ranges in the area. Does anyone know of any? thanks for the help!

I have a secret no one has ever shared with Mike. :)
I shoot at a range in Ashford (just east of Dothan on hwy 84) that has 1,100 yards on one range and the owner of the range is cutting another lane with a *possible* 1 mile shot. The 1,100 is the only available one right now. Hopefully, the 1 mile lane will be open in a few months.
I shoot with a bunch of TH-67 IPs from Rucker, so you may fly/work with some of the guys.

The range is private and is a "by appointment" sort of thing, but the guy who owns the range is a great guy (prior military) and is a 2-time .50 cal benchrest champion.
He is a super nice guy and loves to let people come by and shoot. The only "negative" is that he likes to at least be at home when people come shoot. Usually I give him a call a day or two before I want to go to see if he will be around.

Shoot me a PM with your information and we can go from there.

Jed

Anything that gets a shooter out to shoot is great in my book.