• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle recommendations

Texassandman

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2020
I don't have a long range rifle, but I'm looking to buy. My budget is ~$2,000. I'm eying the Tikka T3x Tac A1 and the Christenson MPR. I am looking for a 6.5 creedmoor/prc. Suggestions on any others?

Ashbury precision ordnance (snipershide version of course).
Lowlight has some videos on that.
Right at your price range, unless you get crazy with the other options.
Their website has a build sheet you can explore all the options.
Even if you don't get one of those, it will give you food for thought and something to compare apples to oranges.
Mine shoots very good.
Good luck with your process.

MPA PMR from Xtreme Guns & Ammo will get you under $2000. If you ask for a quote, they can get down to $1800 or so. You can also get the same price direct from MPA with the 15% off discount from the PRS.

Otherwise a Zermatt Origin + Proof Barrel + KRG Bravo; a place like Altus will help put it all together for you.

Reactions: moosemeat
Origin
TT Special
Proof or PVA/Keystone prefit
KRG Bravo

Gets you a custom rifle with exactly what you're looking for in barrel contour/length and easy to upgrade the stock down the road

Plus it's easy enough to start with a 6.5 creed and add a 6.5PRC barrel and bolt head down the road. Ir anything else youd want

Reactions: Brazo