• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle rests, whatcha' got?

TommyD11730

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
Ok,... so I'll admit I only recently got into bench rest style shooting. I upgraded my rifle and some of my reloading equipment as a result.
I have used sand bags and a old Caldwell rock rest (with rear bag) for a whole now.
Thinking it might be time to invest in a new front rest. Aside from the Ransom brand I'm clueless. Any suggestions on what brands I should look into?
I primarily fire off a concrete bench and only to 200Y.
Thanks!

Take a look at the rests on targetshooting.com. Wally, the owner, will be more than happy to take your call and answer your questions. He's old school so he prefers to talk rather than type! His products and customer service are outstanding. Good luck!

Keep us updated. I wouldnt mine having a set up for testing loads etc like what Molon does

Reactions: TommyD11730
BR guys at our club use, in no particular order.

SEB, Farley, Sinclair, Goodshooting, with a few Bald Eagles sprinkled in.

Buddy just sold a Farley Coax and replaced it with a Goodshooting model, very nice rest.

The guys using Bald Eagles to compete have all upgraded the windage adjustment. The originals were pretty good but the quality went down hill in later models. Shadetree makes a nice top for the Bald Eagle rests. I have a Bald Eagle without windage adjustments, it is adequate for my use, but I don’t compete and only shoot groups.

Check the classifieds on Accurate Shooter, rests and rear bags show up pretty frequently, good deals generally don’t last very long.

Reactions: TommyD11730
I actually pulled mine out of the archives when I saw this because I couldn’t remember what kind of top it had; it’s been awhile.
Sinclair rest with a Precision Machining top:

E94CC1F2-1BE9-43BE-A769-F184C609540C.jpeg

Reactions: TreyMeTrey