• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing rifle scabbard for 4 wheeler???

Re: rifle scabbard for 4 wheeler???

Never cared for the scabards I tried, allways went with the front carriers, made by Mad dog.

I've had good results with drag bags across the front rack, just gotta watch the narrow spots. I use a scope/muzzle protector on the rifle inside the bag for added protection.

ATV0001ss.jpg

I use the mad dog front mount when hunting is nice. When it is muddy, raining, or snowing I use a hard case that mounts to my polaris.

Ed,

That is one kick-ass looking set-up you got going! What's that behind the black drag bag, and what did you use for the extra protection?

-Pat

Not the best picture, but I run a Kolpin off the back rack and a Mad Dog double up front.
Pryors019.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He Shoot Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. . . What's that behind the black drag bag, and what did you use for the extra protection?</div></div>
There is a green drag bag behind the black one. I used the Blackhawk scope/muzzle cover on the rifles first, then put them in the drag bags.
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Scope-Protector-wPadded-Crown,139,1406.htm

I used to use the full kolphin scabbard like Tip em's got but I didn't really like it for everyday use like dragging a 22 around the farm to nail the occasional groundhog. It's just a pain to get it in and out and switched to the cross mount U shaped things since you can just grab it out and shoot. If you were doing longer rides to a fixed point and unloading though the kolphin would work nicely since it protects from everything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CCarls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to use the full kolphin scabbard like Tip em's got but I didn't really like it for everyday use like dragging a 22 around the farm to nail the occasional groundhog. It's just a pain to get it in and out and switched to the cross mount U shaped things since you can just grab it out and shoot. If you were doing longer rides to a fixed point and unloading though the kolphin would work nicely since it protects from everything. </div></div>
I use the Kolpin during hunting season...on the lease, to and from hunting area. Rest of the time, in the pasture behind the house, it's laying across my lap. I know that ain't real safe, but I live in a river bottom (really flat) don't ride crazy and when a 'yote pops up, it's on!

That's the Kolpin Gun Case on the bike. I like it because it's got the zip up soft case inside the hard case AND you can pull the pins and take the hard case off the bike.
BigBearLast.jpg

Will the Kolpin accept a tactical rifle with a 24-26" barrel and a larger scope with target turrets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E.Shell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the Kolpin accept a tactical rifle with a 24-26" barrel and a larger scope with target turrets?
</div></div>
It should.

We like the front "u" racks. Unless we have more than a couple miles to go from our entry point we roll with the heat in an easy to access mode. When on public land the Rifles are in soft side cases and padded well on the same front rack. Personally I dislike the mounted hard cases. They rattle like a mo fo and are in my way if I want to deploy from that side of the bike.... However I can agree they are useful for folks in really wet/ snowy regions.

copyof4x4rudys.jpg

By brians708, shot with DSC-W70 at 2009-03-23

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E.Shell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the Kolpin accept a tactical rifle with a 24-26" barrel and a larger scope with target turrets?
</div></div>

No, at least not the one I have, I already tried it, and I'm pretty sure the new one's are the same size as my old one.

-Pat

Brians708,

I'm in the process of ordering a 4 wheeler and I can't find the good looking blond option. Can you tell me the name of the dealer where you got yours from?

Baahaahaahaa!

-Pat

This is a definite no. Turrets won't fit.

</div></div>