• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle set up with DBAL D2 and LPVO

ICEMAN550

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2018
I am using a DDM4V11 16” for a multi purpose rifle. I already have an AR pistol with Aimpoint and Streamlight TLR VIR II. Looking for best way to make the DD work. I currently have a trijicon accupoint 1-6 in AMD Recon Mount. With the DBAL at 12 o’clock I’m losing most of lower field of view on 1x. I am planning on adding a red dot either above scope or on offset. Am I better off getting a higher mount and running dot on offset? I could mount the DBAL at 3:00 o’clock, add dot on top of scope and leave current mount. Just looking for ideas. My previous shooting under NVG was on SBR 10.5” with aimpoint T-1 in high mount, but had to return it to work before retiring. Thanks

The D2 is a big beast. I loved the powerful IR illumination but I changed mine out because of the size.

Since it is a multi-purpose rifle, I would prioritize the LPVO, meaning move the D2 or get something with a smaller form factor. If you are hard set on the D2, another option is run a T1/T2 instead of the LPVO and add a 3x magnifier for distance with the red dot.

Reactions: ICEMAN550
i have an lpvo on a high mount for a more upright - two eyes open type of setup, but i can't say if that would work for you, or resolve the issue entirely.

Similar set up, I just run mine a 3 o’clock

Pressure pad on opposite side
47F40C7E-C9CC-4348-8F94-81FE28871053.jpeg

Get dot for 12 o'clock. Run throw lever at 12 o'clock on accupoint (bout 2.5x). Acts like an acog you can zoom to 6x and eyebox is very good on 2.5x. I'm trying out a China t2 clone to see if I want to deal with the bulk but if you don't live in shittyweatherland get an rmr. If you do need to use the accupoint on 1x once you start shooting the d2 blocking part of the view isn't that noticeable with both eyes open.

20220223_212608.jpg