• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Shipping

Ibelieve1776

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2013
Jupiter, FL
Im shipping a rifle for coating and want to see if I can send it directly to the coating company and how to package it?

You can go to your LGS and see if the have a box that will fit your gun. There are also ~$25 hard sided cases, that when coupled with cardboard outer box will ship your gun nicely. Make sure to take the bolt out and pack it in the case separately, in bubble wrap.

As for shipping to the company, you'll have to ask them. It can be shipped directly back to you, and not thru a FFL as you are the owner.

You can go to your LGS and see if the have a box that will fit your gun. There are also ~$25 hard sided cases, that when coupled with cardboard outer box will ship your gun nicely. Make sure to take the bolt out and pack it in the case separately, in bubble wrap.

As for shipping to the company, you'll have to ask them. It can be shipped directly back to you, and not thru a FFL as you are the owner.

Do you know if it can go to them if they are not FFL?

As for packaging, I use the cheapie Plano cases. Add a layer or two of bubble wrap inside, wrap the case in a layer of bubble wrap and get some sturdy cardboard for the outer layer.

It may be overkill, but I like my stuff as secure as possible.

The folks coating should have an FFL to receive the gun. There are a few guys on here that do great CeraKote work and have FFL's. Also, you can go to the NIC industries website...they have an applicator finder program on there. Best of luck!

That aside I'd make sure to have enough insurance to replace it.I just had to replace my lapua reciever thanks to the post office, I did have Insurance.now I have a tac 338 instead of remington 338lapua...

Do yourself an extra favor and get an online FedEx account. Use the cheap hardside cases with their original cardboard boxes. Pack rifle with bolt removed as mentioned above. Weigh it, measure it, print your label and drop it off. Having your own online account speeds things up and makes it really easy. Helps shipping ammo as well, just make sure you attach the ammo label

Thanks guys for the help. I bought the cheap hard case and made my own box from a 55" TV box. I shipped it yesterday usps with 3k insurance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk