• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Sling

mpd809

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2008
Western NC
Hey guys I am doing some shopping what is a good sling for a rifle? I have a Remington 700 SPS Tactical with a HS stock.

Re: Rifle Sling

For shooting, I prefer cotton, leather or biothane. Nylon would come last.
For carry, almost anything.
For cotton, I use the GI web sling. Not pretty, but it's light and works.
For leather and/or biothane you can look here.

Glad to hear it. I have been using one in Iraq and have been completely satisfied. It has held up a lot better than any of the slings I have used over here.

I sure like the look of the TAB sling. My rifle is about 16 pounds. Will the Plastic quick clips hold up? Thanks Brandon

The clips are rated for over 250 pounds, I think your 16 lbs rifle will be okay... not to mention I have hung my rifle from a tree by my TAB sling and did pull ups on it... video is on YouTube.

if you feel you can't trust the plastic there is always the TAB Elite with the COBRA buckles rated at 4000lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The clips are rated for over 250 pounds, I think your 16 lbs rifle will be okay... not to mention I have hung my rifle from a tree by my TAB sling and did pull ups on it... video is on YouTube.

if you feel you can't trust the plastic there is always the TAB Elite with the COBRA buckles rated at 4000lbs. </div></div>

LMAO, the plastic clips are plenty and you will have the best sling and customer service available, and thoroughly tested by a testy leprechaun! You can't do any better than that!

Thanks guys. I see they also offer Flush cups connects. I think this will be the sling I buy one day. I have an eagle sling now that works, but it is limited because I had to tape the buckles to keep it from sliding when carried. Thanks again. Brandon

Which of the mounting options do you choose for the TAB sling if you just have regular sling studs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which of the mounting options do you choose for the TAB sling if you just have regular sling studs?</div></div>

You would use the one with heavy duty swivels.

My training was with the cotton Garand Sling. I have always been partial to it. My service rifle is a refinished/glassbedded Garand with a very nice tan version. My only accommodation is to put the sheet metal sling attachment hooks on both ends, for quicker removal and manipulation.

My physical limitations (an incomplete transverse fracture of the humerus just below the shoulder joint, and extensive tissue damage to the shoulder joint socket caused by a slip and fall on Winter ice) have prevented me from doing sling supported position shooting for the past 3 1/2 years, and I'm still doing workouts to try to re-extend my range of physical motion to permit resuming this activity. This is still not capable of prediction, but is beginning to look less and less likely.

Oh well, it's not as if I didn't get a good run for my money...

Greg