• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Stock Cheek Pad

TH3 BULLET

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Oregon
Hello. I am new to the forum and have been reading the unlimited information available on this forum. First, I wanted to say thanks for the availability of resources and the vast amount of knowledge.
smile.gif

Now on to my question. Correct me if I am wrong, but I cant find any previously posted threads on stock cheek pads. I am currently looking at purchasing the Tac Ops Cheek Pad: (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=55982...0004629_d_10059)

My rifle is mainly for hunting and I am looking at getting a good quality cheek rest that wont stag on much or fray.

Would anybody else suggest a different product? or possibly give me some feedback on this cheek pad?

Thank you for your time,
Josh

Re: Rifle Stock Cheek Pad

I have two of the tac ops stock packs. Very well made. I don't know of any negatives that I can think of. If you have a larger stock like the mcmillian A5 the triad tactical Large stock pack will fit a little better.

This search engine is really helpful! Thank you!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camocorvette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> SnipersHide Search Engine

save that link or just type snipershide search engine in google...</div></div>
Thanks for the comment! I currently have a factory stock on my Savage and I will eventually replace McM or Manners. I just wanted a decent cheek pad that will give me a pocket and a nice cheek pad that will help with my old 30-06 recoil on my cheek.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frogman77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two of the tac ops stock packs. Very well made. I don't know of any negatives that I can think of. If you have a larger stock like the mcmillian A5 the triad tactical Large stock pack will fit a little better.
</div></div>
Thanks again everyone! Much appreciated!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long Range 4 Life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello. I am new to the forum and have been reading the unlimited information available on this forum. First, I wanted to say thanks for the availability of resources and the vast amount of knowledge.
smile.gif

Now on to my question. Correct me if I am wrong, but I cant find any previously posted threads on stock cheek pads. I am currently looking at purchasing the Tac Ops Cheek Pad: (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=55982...0004629_d_10059)

My rifle is mainly for hunting and I am looking at getting a good quality cheek rest that wont stag on much or fray.

Would anybody else suggest a different product? or possibly give me some feedback on this cheek pad?

Thank you for your time,
Josh </div></div>
Hi Josh,

There are plenty of stock pack and "cheekpad" threads here and they should have been easily discoverable with a simple search using the keywords <span style="font-style: italic">"stock"</span>, <span style="font-style: italic">"pack"</span>, or <span style="font-style: italic">"pad"</span>. Specifying a longer period of time back (I usually specify two years back) will usually yield what you are looking for. That said, the Tac Ops Stock Pack is well-made and fits a wide range of stocks, including the McMillan A5. I run a Tac Ops Stock Pack on <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">my Tac Ops X-Ray 51</span></span>. It works great and it fits perfectly, and all four (4) straps that secure the stock pack in place are positionable anywhere on the underside of the stock pack (except the crease at the apex of the stock), allowing you to select the exact location and tension on the straps required for perfect fit and best tension.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">ONE THING THOUGH</span></span> - if you plan to use <span style="font-style: italic">any</span> stock pack on an A5, A3-5, or or any stock that has a more squarish underside at the buttend, <span style="font-style: italic">the straps that secure the pack to the stock must be longer than on a typical "hunting" type stock.</span> The straps included with most stock packs (regardless of the manufacturer) are typically 5"-7" long, which won't cut it for a lot of tactical stocks.

I don't know of any way to guarantee that the straps you receive are long enough with anyone's stock packs, except by ordering a Tac Ops Stock Pack <span style="font-weight: bold">direct from Tac Ops and specifically ordering "LONG STRAPS".</span> Then you can be sure to get the LONG straps with your Tac Ops Stock Pack.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Tac Ops X-Ray 51 w/Tac Ops 40 MOA Two-Piece base, Mark 4 High Rings, & S & B PMII 5-25X CM CCW Gen 2 XR w/USO ARD</span>
X-Ray51CBwODRingsRSProfileFF8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Closeups of Tac Ops Multicam Stock Pack:</span>
MultiCamTacOpsStockPackRSII8x6-1.jpg

MultiCamTacOpsStockPackLSII8x6-1.jpg

MultiCamTacOpsStockPackOverhead8x6.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OOH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the rear strap is a little short for use on an A5 but they work. </div></div>
That is incorrect and untrue, at least when using a Tac Ops Stock Pack. The entire underside of the Tac Ops Stock Pack (except the crease at the apex of the stock) is covered with hook & loop, i.e., "Velcro", allowing adjustment of all straps. The Rear Strap can be located Up, Down, Forward, or Rearward.

I measured the straps on my Tac Ops Stock Pack, and all of them are 10.125-10.250" (10 1/8-10 1/4") long. This is longer than the straps I've seen on Eagle Stock Packs, although I've never measured the Eagle straps. A longer rear strap also allows you to position the stock pack in the same place if you shorten or lengthen the LOP to compensate for summer or winter clothing. I got my TO Stock Pack when I picked-up my X-Ray 51 but I didn't have specify longer straps because (Mike Rescigno) knew that I'd need them on my X-Ray 51's A5 stock and included them. Customers can also specify longer straps on their Tac Ops Stock Pack when ordering direct from Tac Ops. Mail Order (Postal Money Order only) should be PRINTED OR TYPED, not handwritten.

Tac Ops Stock Packs' come in Olive Drab, Multicam, Black, and Tan, but not all colors are available at all times. The color(s) available are largely dependant on what what Tac Ops has left after each large run of drag bags and stock packs for agencies. Tac Ops can be reached at (310) 275-8797. If there is no answer PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE and your call will be returned as soon as time allows. Please do not keep calling without leaving a message trying to get through. <span style="font-style: italic">Leave a message.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Underside of Tac Ops Multicam Stock Pack:</span>
TacOpsStockPackUnderside8x6.jpg

TacOpsStockPackUndersideLS8x6.jpg

TacOpsStockPackUndersideRS8x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long Range 4 Life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello. I am new to the forum and have been reading the unlimited information available on this forum. First, I wanted to say thanks for the availability of resources and the vast amount of knowledge.
smile.gif

Thank you for your time,
Josh </div></div>
Hi Josh,

There are plenty of stock pack and "cheekpad" threads here and they should have been easily discoverable with a simple search using the keywords <span style="font-style: italic">"stock"</span>, <span style="font-style: italic">"pack"</span>, or <span style="font-style: italic">"pad"</span>. Specifying a longer period of time back (I usually specify two years back) will usually yield what you are looking for. That said, the Tac Ops Stock Pack is well-made and fits a wide range of stocks, including the McMillan A5. I run a Tac Ops Stock Pack on <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">my Tac Ops X-Ray 51</span></span>. It works great and it fits perfectly, and all four (4) straps that secure the stock pack in place are positionable anywhere on the underside of the stock pack (except the crease at the apex of the stock), allowing you to select the exact location and tension on the straps required for perfect fit and best tension.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">ONE THING THOUGH</span></span> - if you plan to use <span style="font-style: italic">any</span> stock pack on an A5, A3-5, or or any stock that has a more squarish underside at the buttend, <span style="font-style: italic">the straps that secure the pack to the stock must be longer than on a typical "hunting" type stock.</span> The straps included with most stock packs (regardless of the manufacturer) are typically 5"-7" long, which won't cut it for a lot of tactical stocks.

I don't know of any way to guarantee that the straps you receive are long enough with anyone's stock packs, except by ordering a Tac Ops Stock Pack <span style="font-weight: bold">direct from Tac Ops and specifically ordering "LONG STRAPS".</span> Then you can be sure to get the LONG straps with your Tac Ops Stock Pack.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Tac Ops X-Ray 51 w/Tac Ops 40 MOA Two-Piece base, Mark 4 High Rings, & S & B PMII 5-25X CM CCW Gen 2 XR w/USO ARD</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OOH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the rear strap is a little short for use on an A5 but they work. </div></div>
That is incorrect and untrue, at least when using a Tac Ops Stock Pack. The entire underside of the Tac Ops Stock Pack (except the crease at the apex of the stock) is covered with hook & loop, i.e., "Velcro", allowing adjustment of all straps. The Rear Strap can be located Up, Down, Forward, or Rearward.

I measured the straps on my Tac Ops Stock Pack, and all of them are 10.125-10.250" (10 1/8-10 1/4") long. This is longer than the straps I've seen on Eagle Stock Packs, although I've never measured the Eagle straps. A longer rear strap also allows you to position the stock pack in the same place if you shorten or lengthen the LOP to compensate for summer or winter clothing. I got my TO Stock Pack when I picked-up my X-Ray 51 but I didn't have specify longer straps because (Mike Rescigno) knew that I'd need them on my X-Ray 51's A5 stock and included them. Customers can also specify longer straps on their Tac Ops Stock Pack when ordering direct from Tac Ops. Mail Order (Postal Money Order only) should be PRINTED OR TYPED, not handwritten.

Tac Ops Stock Packs' come in Olive Drab, Multicam, Black, and Tan, but not all colors are available at all times. The color(s) available are largely dependant on what what Tac Ops has left after each large run of drag bags and stock packs for agencies. Tac Ops can be reached at (310) 275-8797. If there is no answer PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE and your call will be returned as soon as time allows. Please do not keep calling without leaving a message trying to get through. <span style="font-style: italic">Leave a message.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Underside of Tac Ops Multicam Stock Pack:</span>

Keith</div></div>

Wow! I can honestly say that I love this site! Thank you for such an in depth look. I really appreciate the insight and the knowledge presented by your reply. I am definitely going to order though Tac Ops and specify the long straps!
smile.gif

P.S. That rifle is beautiful! And I cant wait to have a rig like that of my own!

Thanks Again!
Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long Range 4 Life</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long Range 4 Life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello. I am new to the forum and have been reading the unlimited information available on this forum. First, I wanted to say thanks for the availability of resources and the vast amount of knowledge.
smile.gif

Thank you for your time,
Josh </div></div>
Hi Josh,

Keith</div></div>

Wow! I can honestly say that I love this site! Thank you for such an in depth look. I really appreciate the insight and the knowledge presented by your reply. I am definitely going to order though Tac Ops and specify the long straps!
smile.gif

P.S. That rifle is beautiful! And I cant wait to have a rig like that of my own!

Thanks Again!
Josh </div></div>
No problem Josh, glad I could help.

Keith