• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle stock for smaller hands

1clicktrick

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2018
skiatook
I have built a target rifle for myself, I used a McMillan A5. I am now building another rifle for my wife. (Great excuse to build another haha) I will be using a model 10 savage repeater action. She says the grip is a little to thick. I want to find a stock that will accommodate the 10 action. If there is a McMillan, Manner's, hs precision or other with a smaller grip advice will be appreciated. More than likely we will run bipod and a rear bag. Thank you in advance. If you have such an animal please post a pic.

Might consider checking out the options from Bell & Carlson. I have oddly-sized hands (I have to wear size Large gloves to accommodate my palm width/thickness, but the fingers are too long; if I could get gloves with a Large palm and Medium fingers, that would be ideal) and find the B&C Varmint/Tactical to be quite comfortable.

I will look into those. I may be wrong but for some reason I'm thinking it wasn't an option being it wasnt inletted for my action. I will check again for sure.

Reactions: charnicus
I’ve heard good things about XLR (the element in particular) for the money. It’s kind of hard to keep all the three letter names straight! (KRG, XLR, MDT) o_O

I’ve heard good things about XLR (the element in particular) for the money. It’s kind of hard to keep all the three letter names straight! (KRG, XLR, MDT) o_O
Haha you and me both MDT brought up a lawn mower ha. Just looked up xlr, looks really badass. Thank you

Reactions: Jackalope
I've got small hands. The most comfortable grips I've felt where on the KMW Sentinel, Manners T5A, and AICS AX. They all get the fingers closer to the trigger than the A5.

Continue on your current course, and when the next itch comes along, consider a budget AR build. I have found that as long as one works from a reputable factory kit, and includes a moderately good quality barrel, you'll enjoy what you end up with.

AR's can have a wide variety of grips to choose from, which are a separate, discrete part designed around a standard mounting spec. Further, a single Lower can be swapped around to fit with a variety of Uppers accommodating several separate applications, negating the need for several complete rifles.

Build it lightweight and compact (without going out on a limb looking for the ultimate lighter parts), and I suspect she'll develop a deep liking for the AR.

Greg

Last edited: