• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rifle stock upgrade help

NY700

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Dallas
Hey All, Im hopeing someone has some first hand knowledge with both units to help guide my decision. I am currently running a remmy700 LA in a B&C medalist with adjustable LOP and Comb. I was originally setting up thinking I would primarily be shooting bench and maybe F-Class. Although that is still my primary though I want something to go out in the field and the balance just doesnt seem to work for me with the B&C. I dont have huge hands and the medalist just seems to wide around the grip. Im looking at upgrading to either an AICS or a Mcrees. I dont have a DBM right now and the Mcrees is integrated. Does the AICS require additional bottom metal as well or is the chassis part of it. I like the idea of the modular system with the mcrees for different forehands and but stocks for field or bench work. But the AICS is just so slick and seems to have a nice balance. Interested in thoughts and trades if anyone is interested.
thanks

Re: rifle stock upgrade help

The bottom metal is part of the AICS. The rest is personal preference, but I was happy with the AICS stocks I've owned.

J

One more thing to add to the whole debate. Do most guys with the folding stocks really utilize it. is the easier transport worth the extra coin, or should I pass and go fixed stock and load some more ammo with the money?

I dont have anything to trade, but if you decide to replace the B&C stock, let me know if you want to sell it.I'm thinking about a 700SS 5R, and if I go that way, Your stock would be a great fit for me. I looked at a Rem. Target/Tact. with that stock. I'm not crazy about the VTR barrel, but I like the stock a lot. Let me know if you are interested.

This would be a great stock for anyone considering the remington target tactical, I'm also debating selling the rig as there are some DTA sticks for sale I'm really interested in. Chambered in 6.5x284 with a shilen select barrel it sure beets the vtr barrel on the remmy

The folder is a major benefit when using it with a long action as you do not need to remove the cheek piece to take the bolt out, you just fold the stock and take the bolt out.

I don't think it matters with a short action.