• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle suggestions

Farmboy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Hey guys, been a long time since I've posted on here.

We just got set up with our business firearms lic. (Canadian) and looking for suggestions on what bolt action rifles to offer.

We are the Canadian dealer for Knights Armament so we are looking for a high end bolt rifle for our clients on the same sort of scale. Ones like Remington already have an exclusive distributor in Canada where as we prefer going direct.

We are good to go with US State Dept. on the ITAR, export permits etc.

What do you suggest?

Re: Rifle suggestions

You might want to contact high end rifle builders and see if you can be a distributor for their products. I don't know if they would want to but if the money is there and they can sell more of their products, you never know.
Here is a quick list of who I would try to contact.
Gap
Terry Cross/KMW
Christenson Arms
Edd Brown rifles
There are many more and if anybody else has some ideas, fire away.........SmokeRolls

+1 with what smokerolls said. I also think you might look into offering some type of off the shelf platform as well. This way you will appeal to more customers than just ones looking to spend $3000+. Since Remington already has a dealer, go with Savage. You can offer basic models, full custom, or some with options such as an upgraded stock. Now you have customers in the $500-$3000+ price range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Farmboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What do you suggest? </div></div>

AI </div></div>

this

Sako and Tikka. The Tikkas are extremely accurate and dependable while being reasonably priced for hunters. The Sako TRG series is an exceptional tactical rifle and the rest of their rifles are superb hunting rifles for those that want to pay the premium over Tikka.

Josh

Thanks Smokerolls.

Most of all the big ones are already brought in by exclusives.

Tikka, Sako, AI, Remington etc. Not sure if Savage does but I'll check as I'd carry that line right away.

GAP, KMW.
They do enough production runs to make it worth having shelf stock in more popular models/calibres. Plus custom enough to fulful the most discerning buyer.

Blaser would also be good. For non-tactical clients who want a unique hunting rifle, they do customs for pretty much anything and the rifle design ensures you'll have repeat cusomers.

Another idea is Kimber.
Kimber does have some nice looking tactical rifles in 308 and 300 wm and have McMillan stocks already installed. I have never owned one but they look like they have what it takes.
Another is FN/ Fabrique Nationale (I think thats how they spell that).
They have some nice factory tactical rifles and even supply to FBI and police snipers from what I have read.
........Hope this helps...
......SmokeRolls

I am not sure why you haven't considered it but PGW is canadian which i assume would cut down on some fees, i haven't used there rifles but they look great and have great reviews. Otherwise i would agree on the sako and tikka rifles especially trg's.