• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rifle testicals???

aggiesig

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
Seguin, TX
www.sara-tx.org
so what do you guys think about these for use as a rear bag

from here:

Rifles Only Tacticals...
tacticals_hanging_300_trans.jpg
tacticals_stacked_300_trans.jpg

Any users find these things useful, or do they just flop around and get in the way while you are slung up?

Re: rifle testicals???

They actually work very well (for me) in competitions. I tried to attach my Redman bag to the rear sling stud but found it too cumbersome, but these things work well.

I barely notice they are attached to the rifle when running around and they're very handy in stablizing the rifle when it comes time to prone out and fire shots. Much better than a fist or no support.

I noticed several competitors at the RO Shooter's Bash last month used them. Some people had cut one off (an orchiectomy in medical terms) and used just the one attached.

They look a little unstable to me. Once they are stacked up and have weight on them they dont want to roll any?

I think I saw a pair attached to the trailer hitch on CKA's truck.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I saw a pair attached to the trailer hitch on CKA's truck.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Yes, and I believe they were made of steel
grin.gif

Actually, they are very stable, more so than you would think. I must admit I feel a little funny when squeezing them
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I tried to attach my Redman bag to the rear sling stud but found it too cumbersome, but these things work well.

</div></div>

I didn't really warm up to the set ot "tacticals" I tried. I run the loop of a RedTac 1/2 Pint through the adjustment pillar on my stocks to keep mine handy and inthe right spot. More of a tactical "yam bag" then a "pair".
I'll be ordering a new lightweight one here soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I saw a pair attached to the trailer hitch on CKA's truck.
laugh.gif
</div></div> Yes, and I believe they were made of steel
grin.gif
</div></div>The ones I saw were soaked with alcohol.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least they are in the right place . . . hanging below the BUTT of the rifle
blush.gif
</div></div>

I think we should have a sing along about these...

Do your tacticals hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them over your soldier,
like a continental Soldier,
Do your tacticals hang low?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NateP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They look a little unstable to me. Once they are stacked up and have weight on them they dont want to roll any?

</div></div>

Ditto

Rather than having to stack up two blocks, I prefer a longer tube type rear bag. I can use it laid out flat if I don't need as much elevation, or stand it on end for more elevation. OF course, a triangular shaped one is really versatile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They actually work very well (for me) in competitions. I tried to attach my Redman bag to the rear sling stud but found it too cumbersome, but these things work well.

I barely notice they are attached to the rifle when running around and they're very handy in stablizing the rifle when it comes time to prone out and fire shots. Much better than a fist or no support.

I noticed several competitors at the RO Shooter's Bash last month used them. Some people had cut one off (an orchiectomy in medical terms) and used just the one attached. </div></div>

I believe the single version you saw at the Bash is a separate product called the TAC Ball, it can also be found on the Rifles Only Pro Shop.