• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Weight

jackinfl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
Fort lauderdale, Fl
My rifle started out as a LTR Light Tactical Rifle. But, wanting a trued action and a 22" Bartlein barrel, and a SF muzzle brake I sent the gun out to GAP. I weighed it today, 16.15 Lbs with NF F1 scope, Bi-pod and TAB sling. I did not want to bring a loaded magazine into the friendly PAK MAIL place to use their scale. The gun shoots and is a pleasure for me and my 13 y.o.son to shoot.

I am not 100% sure of the contour but it measures .998 just behind the MB.

My question is how Heavy are most .308 Tactical precision rifles?

Thanks.
DSC01482.jpg

Re: Rifle Weight

Can't say on .308, but my TRG-42 is 17 pounds, all up. Including bi-pod, monopod, loaded mag, brake, and sling.

R.

Ditch the aics and get a manners t-5 thumbhole and loose 3lbs

I shoot for 12 to 14 lbs in my guns

That means sendero and palma barrels

This LTR with factory (fluted) barrel, NF 5.5-22x56, Seekins Aluminum rings, Harris bipod with Podlock, Karsten cheek rest, full size H&S Precision stock, duracoated, unloaded, and no sling, weighs in at 12.3 LBS. With tac sling and ammo, it would be right at 13 LBS

LTR.jpg

My current one is right at 18# my next will be about half that without the can.

My 7WSM weights 17 pounds with loaded mag.

28" fluted Rock MTU barrel
MCM A5 Sniper Fill
USO SN3 3.8-22x58 with 35mm tube

DSC04549.jpg

My .223 weights in with everything on it about 16.5 pounds (22" standard Palma barrel). A little heavy but accurate and stable. I even carry it around woodchuck hunting becouse it shoots so well and is fun to shoot.

JamieD
Wolf Precision

IMG_6944.jpg

Left to right--7wsm 15lbs; .308 16lbs; 7wsm 17 lbs, .243 11.5 lbs.
thegirls001.jpg