• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifles Only Accuracy Podcast

Dthomas3523

Account no longer active
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Keep up to date with all things Rimfire and Centerfire going on with Rifles Only!!

Currently on iTunes, Podbean, and Spotify.

Every episode will have at least one topic dissected that will make you a better shooter. Little rough around the edges, but production will get better very fast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rifles-only-accuracy-podcast/id1551754362

https://open.spotify.com/show/1PNpl1VaHpoEDA2U4uF6zy?si=cwviuiyATB-c-Gf8r91Dfg

8C980ED8-8E86-4EB8-B477-37C8F4204BF0.jpeg

Good stuff. Not new to shooting just new to shooting correctly. Hope you continue to build from the ground with the fundamentals. Hoping to get to your rimfire class in May. I’m DFW area. Just got a 10/22 put together. Now I need to learn how to use it 🙄

Reactions: Dthomas3523
    Good stuff. Not new to shooting just new to shooting correctly. Hope you continue to build from the ground with the fundamentals. Hoping to get to your rimfire class in May. I’m DFW area. Just got a 10/22 put together. Now I need to learn how to use it 🙄

Every episode we will touch on something that will help become a better shooter. Sometimes that’s also going to be talking about things people do too much of that doesn’t help a lot or not as much as things people can be doing.

Might not always be on a specific fundamental, but the fundamentals are what everything is based on.

Reactions: Just Chuck
    I have listened to the first 2. Keep up the good work!
    Great to hear some rimfire info. I would like to hear thoughts on faster twist rate barrels for long range 22 shooting. Also thoughts on the new Cutting Edge 22 bullets as they become available.
    Thanks!

Glad I found this, heard about it on Frank's Podcast. Looking forward to working my way through these, it'll be a good hold over until I can get down there for a class in the fall.

Reactions: Joshcrz
    After listening to the recent podcast about wind I had a question about the hold you recommend. Does that same hold work with rimfire at say 50y? Or is this a topic you plan to cover later? Thanks

Reactions: Dthomas3523
    After listening to the recent podcast about wind I had a question about the hold you recommend. Does that same hold work with rimfire at say 50y? Or is this a topic you plan to cover later? Thanks

The holds are dependent on the rifle. Say you decide your “low” wind speed is 5mph. And you have a 5mph gun. So, your hold at 500yds is .5 mil.

If you miss on the downwind/amateur side, and it’s a 2moa/.6mil target, your next shot should be no less than 1.0 mil.

This would work with a .22 as well. As it’s all based on the wind drift from your calculator.

Say it’s a 50yd 2moa/.6 mil target. You decide to use .7 of wind. You miss on the downwind/amateur side. Your next hold should be no less than 1.2 mil

The main idea is:

Only reference center of target
    Make bigger initial wind calls
    Make bolder/bigger wind corrections

And I provided an entry level to intermediate level system to keep you doing that until your wind reading skill surpasses it or you develop something that works for you. And if you never advanced past this system other than making better initial wind calls for first round, you’ll still do extremely well.

Last edited:
    This was a great podcast! Michael clearly knows his stuff. Can’t wait for more knowledge bombs on scopes etc.