• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifles Only Accuracy Podcast

Dthomas3523

Account no longer active
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Keep up to date with all things Rimfire and Centerfire going on with Rifles Only!!

Currently on iTunes, Podbean, and Spotify.

Every episode will have at least one topic dissected that will make you a better shooter. Little rough around the edges, but production will get better very fast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rifles-only-accuracy-podcast/id1551754362

https://open.spotify.com/show/1PNpl1VaHpoEDA2U4uF6zy?si=cwviuiyATB-c-Gf8r91Dfg

504FDA9F-C1FD-4957-A74C-DC80EB1BD575.jpeg

Hells yeah.

Jacob is the man, he got me started as a rifleman, I cut my teeth at Rifles Only.

Looking forward to listening to these!

I was the first commentor! lol

great episode. Im having Jacob on my podcast tonight and we are obviously going to cover the RO podcast.

hey dave, if youre using an external mic, keep it close to your mouth. Its annoying to do, but it makes a big difference in volume. Because of this, i bought a gamer headset that way the mic doesnt move away from my face, due to my inability to sit still.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    I was the first commentor! lol

great episode. Im having Jacob on my podcast tonight and we are obviously going to cover the RO podcast.

hey dave, if youre using an external mic, keep it close to your mouth. Its annoying to do, but it makes a big difference in volume. Because of this, i bought a gamer headset that way the mic doesnt move away from my face, due to my inability to sit still.

Ya, I thought the mic was picking up better than it was. It was off to the side while I was facing Jacob. I uploaded another version which hopefully had better sound. I’m still learning all the editing stuff so I can fix anything like that from now on.

The amount of equipment and software out there is staggering.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    Ya, I thought the mic was picking up better than it was. It was off to the side while I was facing Jacob. I uploaded another version which hopefully had better sound. I’m still learning all the editing stuff so I can fix anything like that from now on.

The amount of equipment and software out there is staggering.

The key to it is, dont give a fuck.. Thats my motto. I record solo's on audacity, and upload skype interviews to audacity and then I "just fuckin send it"

I found it on podbean I'll give it a listen on the way to work tomorrow. Thanks for posting DThomas.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
    We had a good conversation about Jacob's new podcast last night. Excited for him and @Dthomas3523

@Dthomas3523 So just finished episode 2. I just sent it to my entire shift and have tasked all of them to listen to the first 39 minutes of your podcast in reference to safety. And im working on requiring it of my entire department. Im really enjoying the podcast. Keep it up.

That’s awesome. We really appreciate it and hope it helps.

Reactions: RS14
    Glad you made the new podcast, we can all use that lesson learned and can be applied to all aspects of daily life, just not shooting.

Well done!

Listened this am. Appreciate recognizing that as leaders in the sport, you are ambassadors/recruiters. I think anyone participating in any role, should realize this same thing. We’re all the face of this thing to those who are new or even considering joining. Good stuff.

So, we will have a small flurry of podcasts in the next 1-2 weeks. Before the weekend we will record/release one with breathing as the topic of the day. We’ll expound upon this often overlooked fundamental. Why it’s important how it can be employed by comp shooters, hunters, and Mil/le.

Then on Monday or Tuesday we will be talking about the process of getting through a stage at a match. From planning the stage, navigating the stage, and how to assess your performance after the stage is done. We’ll also talk about how you can do similar things hunting or mil/le as well as the huge training value matches have for hunters and mil/le.

Then we will be into the latter part of next week and will do at least two podcasts during the Brawl. There should be a fairly large pool of personalities to interview. So I’m sure we’ll have at least one guest.

Stay Tuned!!

Finishing up Episode 2.5. and really enjoying it. Again yall hit the nail on the head about many things Ive thought about and agree on. Looking forward to more episodes. Especially with the new better recording gear. lol

So I listened to the episode about optics today

What are the odds that some of the people who have been believing that the groups get better over 200 due to the bullet "going to sleep" possibly had more to do with the parallax/ focus being out of wack than anything...

At least that what came to mind while listening to the episode

So I listened to the episode about optics today

What are the odds that some of the people who have been believing that the groups get better over 200 due to the bullet "going to sleep" possibly had more to do with the parallax/ focus being out of wack than anything...

At least that what came to mind while listening to the episode

I'm sure its part of it, along with several other things.

Listened to your wind episode on my way to a match today. Every stage pro side vs amateur side kept popping into my head. Overall I placed 8th

Reactions: kthomas
    Listened to your wind episode on my way to a match today. Every stage pro side vs amateur side kept popping into my head. Overall I placed 8th

That’s awesome. Is 8th a good placing or step up for you?

It was a step up. Not a huge one. But it was still a improvement. And we had higher than normal winds today. So it was helpful to be more in that mindset today.

Reactions: kthomas