• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Rifles Only Colorado Class

Caterpillardoc

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
Doswell, Virginia
Has anyone attended the Rifles Only High Angle Precision class in Colorado?

If you have, would you tell how the class ran, what did you learn, what was the weather like, places to stay, restaurants, anything about attending the class.

Reactions: AgBullit
I’ve taken it a couple of times. The range is outside Ft. Collins and it’s about 20 minutes from the Marriott and numerous restaurants.

The class itself is usually small and it’s a great way to spend time with Jacob Bynum.

The targets range in distance from 300 to 1,500 yards, and there are ample opportunities to practice alternate positions. The wind can be unpredictable, but it’s generally challenging.

The weather is pretty mild, generally in the low 70’s, but there is always a possibility of a passing thunderstorm.

The DA is around 6,500, so a 6.5 Creedmoor will get to 1,500 yards consistently.

If you are going from sea level to this class, you will feel the altitude. It’s not a hugely physical class, but moving around can be trying at first.

It’s an excellent class to work on challenging targets. I recommend it.

Attachments

• 4C108741-45DE-46F4-9CC2-7C7AAB0CD1FE.jpeg
    4C108741-45DE-46F4-9CC2-7C7AAB0CD1FE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
Thanks for the information. I’m thinking of attending next year. I was wondering about acclimating to the elevation. I think I’d go a week early to adjust.

Hi, regarding altitude, some trainers have told me that the body is at it's best a day after arrival and several weeks after arrival, but that there's actually a slight dip in-between. This was regarding folks coming up from sea level to race bicycles in the mountains. I'm not a doctor or trainer, but it's not clear that a week early will make a difference. A little extra cardio work is definitely helpful either way. For background I'm a CO native, but lived at sea level for a long time due to work and stuff on the east coast. I came back to CO several times a year so have some practice with the altitude transition. I've been fortunate that even when living at sea level it didn't hit me too hard. I think that may be because my mom climbed a 14'er a week before I was born (or maybe that explains my mental state!).

ive been wanting to take it but i need to step up to a 300wm, or go the easy route with a 6.5 creed. Enjoyed my week in Kingsville with Jacob last spring but was shooting my 308. it will fall out quick past 1100 yards though.

I went. As usual Jacob puts on a great class. I stayed at the Hilton weekly stay. It was really nice. Like others said. Do some walking and add the weight of your rifle. I wish I had before I went. But it was a blast and I had a great time.

Attachments

• C8620CCB-0BFE-456F-8D7B-65C1706B7D95.jpeg
    C8620CCB-0BFE-456F-8D7B-65C1706B7D95.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Reactions: Keyrock
I’ve taken it a couple of times. The range is outside Ft. Collins and it’s about 20 minutes from the Marriott and numerous restaurants.

The class itself is usually small and it’s a great way to spend time with Jacob Bynum.

The targets range in distance from 300 to 1,500 yards, and there are ample opportunities to practice alternate positions. The wind can be unpredictable, but it’s generally challenging.

The weather is pretty mild, generally in the low 70’s, but there is always a possibility of a passing thunderstorm.

The DA is around 6,500, so a 6.5 Creedmoor will get to 1,500 yards consistently.

If you are going from sea level to this class, you will feel the altitude. It’s not a hugely physical class, but moving around can be trying at first.

It’s an excellent class to work on challenging targets. I recommend it.

is that a AI PSR in your photo? I think that is the same one next to my AXMC in mine.

is that a AI PSR in your photo? I think that is the same one next to my AXMC in mine.
Yes it is.

We shot together, you were consistently hitting that 6 inch plate at 1,000 with a 308!

That was an awesome trip. that Class was great and everyone in it was awesome to shoot with