• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Rifles Only Oct PR 1 & 2

A&8's

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Since my elk hunt got concealed this year (other guys bailed due to being whipped), I decided to take another PR class. I decided on Rifles Only PR 1 & 2, Oct 5-9, 2020. They're also having a movers and alternate position class the weekend prior, so I signed up for those, too.

Anyone else on here going to be in any of the above classes?

I'm still planning to go to Colorado on a archery elk hunt, but I really want go to this course too. I may change my mind, not sure yet. Just getting into long range and really don't know much.

Reactions: A&8's
    @Joshcrz @C.R. Adams have y'all decided if you'll be in there? If so, have you booked any hotels yet? Kinda wanting to see where everyone is staying.
    I’m still up in the air whether I’ll be attending one of the two. Going to depend on what’s going on at work and if I’ll be able to get away.

FYI: La Quinta in Kingsville is NOT a 2A friendly hotel. Stayed 1 night (due to late arrival time last night), then got a refund for our remaining 9 days.
    F1F0C13D-4BB6-4F12-9101-548C01C71EF9.jpeg
    DBD87CC2-8510-4A6B-964F-38FB403024C1.jpeg

Rifles in a rolling golf bag case. Or so I have heard.

That’s a great idea... but even then. I can’t honestly say that I’d be willing to give my business in opposition of 2A ... it is their right to do so.

FYI: La Quinta in Kingsville is NOT a 2A friendly hotel. Stayed 1 night (due to late arrival time last night), then got a refund for our remaining 9 days.
    View attachment 7437404View attachment 7437405
    FYI that not the legal sign to ban guns. It Texas it HAS to be in a certain format and that’s not it, plus they have lodging on site at RO

Last edited:
    Reactions: 308pirate
    FYI that not the legal sign to ban guns. It Texas it HAS to be in a certain format and that’s not it, plus they have lodging on site at RO

IMO it makes NO difference if it’s “legal” or not. Point is, if they don’t respect my legal right to own, possess and carry a firearm, I have NO desire to give them 1 red cent of the money I have.

And yes I know they have lodging on site at RO. However, I am vacationing with my wife and would rather stay in a hotel with her alone versus a bunk house with other dudes.

Last edited:
    View attachment 7437404View attachment 7437405

That’s odd. I’ve taken rifles that were clearly rifles in bags in there without issue. Also lots of hunters and such I’ve seen in there with obviously shotguns in bags.

Though I haven’t stayed there within the last few months.

That’s odd. I’ve taken rifles that were clearly rifles in bags in there without issue. Also lots of hunters and such I’ve seen in there with obviously shotguns in bags.

Though I haven’t stayed there within the last few months.

I’m sure it is a franchise thing, as I have stayed at La Quinta’s at other locations and they didn’t have such signage. But, not in Kingsville, Tx.

Easy I’m just letting you know in case you run into problems down the road with misrepresented businesses, Poor wife kingsville is lame
    Oh don’t say that... mine is joining me as well during my adventurous class in a few weeks.... of course that’s if Prime Ammo comes through... ordered ammo Aug 27th still not here :eek::oops::oops:

Oh don’t say that... mine is joining me as well during my adventurous class in a few weeks.... of course that’s if Prime Ammo comes through... ordered ammo Aug 27th still not here :eek::oops::oops:

Get in touch with RO. They can at times get some expedited for their classes/students.

I’m sure it is a franchise thing, as I have stayed at La Quinta’s at other locations and they didn’t have such signage. But, not in Kingsville, Tx.
    How was your experience in the class... attending the class next week 🤞🤞