• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifles Only PR 1 and PR 2 on the West Coast?

NorCal Vu

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2004
Sacramento Area
Guys,

I spoke with Jacob Bynum @ Rifles Only yesterday and asked him about the possibility of having RO teach a PR 1 and 2 course on here on the West Coast. The range will most likely be Sac Valley Shooting Center.

We discussed the type of facility and equipment needed to host this type of class and I believe NCPPRC has all the hardware required, including a mover now to make this course happen.

Class will either be 4 days or 5 days.

Date: Unknown at this time, I need to find out if there are enough people seriously interested before I try to find a date.

We need 10 to 15 students to make this course happen.

Cost: 1350.00 to 1400.00. Could be a lil more or less depending on the number of students we get.

This is a great opportunity to train with the best outfit out there with minimal travel.

Thanks,
Vu

Re: Rifles Only PR 1 and PR 2 on the West Coast?

Probably couldn't make it on short notice, but I'd definitely be interested in something Fall-ish.

Dates have not been set yet and it will not be short notice. Jacob and crew are busy people and our club is pretty busy at this time as well.

If there is enough interest I will set a date far in advance.

Vu

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dates have not been set yet and it will not be short notice. Jacob and crew are busy people and our club is pretty busy at this time as well.

If there is enough interest I will set a date far in advance.

Vu </div></div>

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I can free up a week as long as I know about it around two months prior. I could commit today to anything after the second week in September. I'm assuming that a threaded barrel sans can is legal in Cal.

With a new baby still coming this year (and of course hunting season) I would love to see something early next year. Feb or March?

LOL Jason.

Threaded barrels on bolt rifles are fine in CA...no cans unless you are LE or military with the proper documents.

Vu

Depending on the lead time I would be in. This year is pretty much booked up for me but early next year would be good.

Red Bulls, Starbucks, and Dos Equis XX for all you non compliant learners!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Dos Equis XX </div></div>

Brian, should I tell everyone what you said about that?

Wonder if the price on XX has went up since I had to buy it last time !
smile.gif

make sure there is plenty available. The last class ran Kingsville out of XX. Remember it is not to be refrigerated.....

I am interested, unfortunatly i would probably have to know 6 mths in advance so i can save up for it.

Vu my friend keep the brothers Grimm posted
Jody/ Craig the much OLDER.

This year is booked up... but I would be really interested in a class next year.

It looks like this class is going to be a go. Now we are just waiting to get the dates settled and we will post as soon as we do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am interested, unfortunatly i would probably have to know 6 mths in advance so i can save up for it. </div></div>

Ditto.

Rich

All,

The class will be a go for sure. I am just working out details with RO and Sac Valley.

Rifles Only is a first class outfit and I want to make sure we can host this event in a first class manner with the resources we have.

Once range dates and resources have been locked down we will post dates and availability.

Vu

Sounds great, but I would have to take time off. If it's strictly during the week it will be a no go for me, but if it could be the end of a week to the beginning of the next I might be able to go.

Oh man that would be awesome. I would love to go but more than likely won't be able to until octoberish

id be up for it if it was early next yr have to get another 308 before it so let us know thanks

I'm in date pending......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeyM1a</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What if my rifle has a clip, Doesn't it have to be pinned in Cali? I'd be interested in Nov. </div></div>

There are no restrictions on bolt action rifles except for large cap mags (>10). Then again, many here had large caps before the ban and there is no law that says that "possession" is a crime..... Carry on....