• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifles Only shield

NikolaiS

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2009
Peoria, AZ
www.gothiclabs.com
Just a side curiousity...
Is there a historical/symbolic significance to the Rifles Only shield? Red cross on a black field.

For instance:
Knights Templar: red cross on white field.
Teutonic Knights: black cross, white field.

Nik

Re: Rifles Only shield

It is the shield Lindy carried into battle in 1066

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is the shield Lindy carried into battle in 1066 </div></div>

LOL
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't the Brits call condoms shields ...? </div></div>

Nope, we call Condoms "Condoms"
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brit308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't the Brits call condoms shields ...? </div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

proper sort of fellow are you ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brit308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't the Brits call condoms shields ...? </div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

LOL!

PM Rifles Only and ask...I am fairly certain it is not a state secret.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beamer Girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nik,
There is no reason! We just did black shirts so it turned out that way :)!
Lisa

</div></div>

Deep...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beamer Girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nik,
Lisa

</div></div>

Obviously, but tell me: what's the symbolism behind the brown shoe laces I saw in one of the training videos? It seems like a neo-post modern treatise on the policies of pasta producers in northern Italy, but perhaps I'm reading too much into this and it actually just refers to the industry in general?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brit308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't the Brits call condoms shields ...? </div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

proper sort of fellow are you ? </div></div>

Well i do speak remarkably good english old chap. (I'm taking the piss, just in case you were in any doubts..)

Translated: "I speak really good English pal (i'm over using the english language, to sound stereotypically "British" in case you were wondering...) or words to that effect
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is the shield Lindy carried into battle in 1066 </div></div>

That's when they were running a nice little academy called, Crossbows Only...

Lisa

</div></div>

Ah ok. Looked like a coat of arms. I enjoy history, so wondered if it went back to anything.
Nik

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's when they were running a nice little academy called, Crossbows Only...</div></div>

Gaaaakkk, I about choked when I read that. Fuuunny stuff!!
grin.gif

Nik, we started the crusader's cross due a group that we trained last year that we considered complete warriors. In fact, one of the guys in the group actually wrote the saying (which he got from a book and we modified it a little) on our white board before leaving our facility. If you don't have the saying it is:
Squeeze...don't pull
Wathc...don't think
Move....don't wait
Kill...don't think

We loved it and decided to put the 2 together on a shirt. We thought they fit well together with the RIFLES ONLY line of thinking and training. There is a signifigance with the cross touching the edge of the shield where in some you will see that the cross does not go all they way. That is where you get into the "warrior" part. However the colors do not have any history....at least not on our part.

LOL! Good one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beamer Girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wathc...don't think</div></div>

'Watch....don't blink'..ya mean