• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifles Only

Lucks

Team Roberts Precision
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2009
Central Texas
I spent this past weekend down at Rifles Only along with a friend of mine receiving private training from Jacob Bynum.
I have been shooting all my life and have been shooting tactical precision rifle matches for about two years now. This trip was my first formal training. Prior to this everything I knew about shooting was just what dad taught me when I was a kid and what I've taught myself over the years.
I must say, this trip was so worth it!
Jacob helped me tremendously with the little things...which when it comes to shooting are actually the BIG THINGS! I feel that I learned and identified some problems I had that will greatly improve my shooting and hopefully help me improve as a competive shooter.
Jacob is absolutely passionate about shooting and teaching others. I learned as much this weekend about the mental side of shooting as I did the actual physical side of shooting from him. We sent tons of rounds down range and I left there a much more confident shooter. I look forward to my next opportunity to visit Rifles Only. I absolutely had a great time!
I can't express enough how valuable a trip to Rifles Only for instruction from Jacob is even if you've been shooting all your life. If you are able to, I highly recommend making the trip to Kingsville, TX to train with Jacob.

Re: Rifles Only

I just recently spoke with him about some private training and I am stoked to hear you got a lot out of it. Unfortunately he told me he is booked till April. I am looking forward to it.

Jacob is an absolutely gifted instructor and shooter, and I am blessed to have had the opportunity to train with him as well. I HIGHLY recommend training with him as much as possible, as you'll always walk away a more confident and better shooter. Lucks is spot on that it's the little things that make a huge difference (Like remembering to seat a mag
grin.gif
), and Jacob can sure fix those little things.

I would also be remiss if there was no mention of Lisa, who runs the tightest ship I have ever seen. She very obviously has Rifles Only squared away, and it's great to know that she is there making it happen. Jacob and Lisa are fine people!

Now it's onto loading my practice rounds on a 550, and shooting .308! Good fun shooting with you this weekend Lucks.

JP

P.S. I have a spotting scope if you need to borrow it for your match...can I get in now?
grin.gif

Glad y'all had such a great experience! I wish I could have made this trip. I will next time:)

Damnit why do they have to be closed for a private match during spring break. Sounds like a blast man. I gotta find some time to go.

I would love to get out for some private training, JAcob and Lisa are TOP NOTCH folks! I feel blessed to have shot at RO, now I need to step it up and get some real training!

Lucks - could not agree more! A small group of us with very similar backgrounds to what you describe spent a week there for some private training...incredible experience, time very well spent.

Jacob and Lindy are two of the most gifted trainers I have ever worked with. Very personal and down to earth people. You will leave a much better shooter and with an improved understanding on how to do it correctly.

I would encourage every hunter, security person or anyone that just wants to be better to contact Jacob. They have an outstanding facility and are very flexible on training schedules when time is available.