• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Right bolt left port for tactical shooting

rundm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2005
TX
Just trying to figure out before I put the money down on one of these actions if I am making the right choice. I am wanting to get a defiance machine, templar rifle built from GAP or one of the other high end builders. I have always thought that getting a right bolt left port would be super sweet. I have not shot in tactical matches before but I am about to start. Does anyone have any experience with using one of these style actions in matches? With the cost of the gun and the likelyhood that I will not sell this aciton, I want to make sure that I get it right. After talking with Glen at Defiance, I also had a question about whether or not I should put this action into a AI stock or go with the McMillan stock. I have an AI rifle and I love the way it fits me but if there is a reason not to use one in matches then I would switch out to the McMillan stock. Thanks for any information ahead of time, RG

Re: Right bolt left port for tactical shooting

RB left port, seems like a humongous pain in the ass.

If you think about it, you have to cycle the action back, use your left hand and place a round in the chamber OR lean over your rifle and place a round with your right hand, move back to shooting position and chamber it, them move your right hand back to the grip and trigger.

However, with a detachable mag setup it wont be nearly as much of a pain, but it will always suck when you have to load a individual round