• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rigid alloy chassis for 455 review

Frankr

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
WEST
Just got a CZ455 rigid alloy chassis off another member.

Figured I would give it a small review just in case any others are interested.

Overall I am happy with the purchase so far. Haven’t shot it yet but I will hopefully this weekend.

The pros
- no bedding needed
- super slick magazine release on the trigger guard
- m-lock handguard
-ar15 buttstock compatibility and grips (if they have a flat top.... had to cut my grip until I can get a more appropriate one).

The cons
- heavy- I don’t know how heavy but the chassis is a lot heavier than I expected. I bet they could shave quite a bit of weight off if they wanted to and keep it rigid and functional
- handguard length. - it’s like 10.5” long and I am waiting for the longer version to come out. Which will add about 3” onto this one.

- color- like the one above it is totally subjective but I will he rattle can camo-ing it soon as I get the longer handguard.

Overall I am excited and if it shoots well then I am sold. Picked it up for a screaming deal 275.00 so we’ll worth it imho

Now picks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 332
Reactions: Mark_Dorman
MDT just released their ACC chassis for the CZ455. It's a full length handgaurd. Been thinking about getting a chassis, but that's as far as I've got

I now rigid is working on the 457 version, hopefully they put out the long hand guard when they release it?

Played with it more last night.

Compared it to my boys RPRr and my Kidd barreld 10/22 in a PMACA chassis.

My 10/22 had a PWS mag release and the rigid alloy chassis mag release is every bit as good if not better than the PWS.

Ruger needs to figure out the same type of mag release for the RPRr.

Handling the guns (all chassis) they all felt very similar and I am think the of you’re on the fence the rigid chassis is one of the best. Might not be as good as the MDT ACCS or whatever it’s called but it isn’t 1000.00 either.

Wish I was a machinist. I bet you could shave off quite a bit of weight on the chassis.

I will say that I will probably end up with a 457 in a rigid chassis or wait for their tikka T1x chassis.

How do like the magazine release?

It’s super slick. Wish it was a little bit flared out like the attached photo.

The magazine does eject with force which is interesting .

Attachments

• 3DAD535C-BAF3-422F-B073-B211892530EC.jpeg
    3DAD535C-BAF3-422F-B073-B211892530EC.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 77
(y)(y) The factory release and even the DIP extended release leave a lot to be desired. Keep us posted on your thoughts and observations on the chassis as a whole

Looks like they have released the new longer handguard. Now they just need to release the 457 model so I can get one ordered!

link

Looks like they have released the new longer handguard. Now they just need to release the 457 model so I can get one ordered!

link

Got a new handguard in hand.... down in the shop painting it right now. Might post pictures later if it dries well enough.

The paint looks great!!! What is the barrel length? Handgaurd length is exactly what I'm looking for

Now the wait for the 457 is that much worse.....

Frankr that looks amazing! Thanks for the pic!

The paint looks great!!! What is the barrel length? Handgaurd length is exactly what I'm looking for

Don’t remember but it’s either 17 or 17.5” (17hmr)

Side note: my scope objective lens (front lens) has more clearance which is super nice before I could only get a paper between it and the handguard.

Now the wait for the 457 is that much worse.....

Frankr that looks amazing! Thanks for the pic!

I didn’t hold my breath.

I love this chassis especially now with the longer handguard and mag release but I couldn’t/wouldn’t wait for the 457 chassis.

They say soon but based on how things have gone I would guess it’s still a few months out before we see one. I hope it’s sooner but I doubt it.

For ME a 457 in a rigid alloy chassis with a lightweight 17HM2 barrel threaded for a sparrow that shoots as well as my 17hmr barrel would be perfect.

As it sits right now it’s abou 9.25 pounds. With a different scope and lightweight barrel and buttstock I could get it down to 7ish pounds which would be perfect for hunting (main purpose) and target shooting.

How is the MBA3 versus, say the Magpul PRS for "wobble" ?
I got a Rigid chassis, and the fixed adapter made mounting the PRS Gen3 uncomfortable and the LOP was insane.

How is the MBA3 versus, say the Magpul PRS for "wobble" ?
I got a Rigid chassis, and the fixed adapter made mounting the PRS Gen3 uncomfortable and the LOP was insane.

You can tighten the stock with a screw on the side using a provided Allen wrench that is stored on the stock.

that gets rid of any wobble but makes it slow to adjust.
If time isn’t an issue or you don’t adjust you LOP often then it’s a solid set up.

I have the savage mk2 rigid alloy chassis and love it.

Their CZ chassis looks much nicer than the Savage.

Thank you for the feedback on the MBA3

Overall I'm very pleased with my Rigid chassis. I got a "blemished" one and I don't care, its going to get beat up at my club's practical shoots. What I have not yet done is get a buttstock that fits me.

The CZ chassis, with the fixed stock adapter and a Magpul PRS is comically long. The LOP with the PRS Gen3, stock adjusted to minimum, comes to 16.25". The other issue I had was the fixed barrel adapter gives me an awkward hold as the part that turns down to adapt the fixed spacer, hits the top of my wrist when getting into the rifle.

My carbine adjustable stock (Magpul SL) is very solid and I like it, except for the cheek weld when going prone. I have an EGW mount and medium rings, but switching to lows, I'm not going to solve my cheekweld problem. The MBA-3 looked promising, but I've heard mixed reviews.

Frankly, the amount of money I've dumped into this 455 is way too much, I should have started with the 455 Varmint Precision Trainer and been done with it. The lack of bedding on the 455 was why I eventually ended up with a chassis. Being a glutton for punishment, I also bought a 457 and most of the issues seems to have been resolved, but I'm not using that MTR for this competition.

Is the rigid chassis for the savage still being sold? Looking for something better than the boyds I have on mine.

Attachments

• received_1698353943973618.jpeg
    received_1698353943973618.jpeg
    474.2 KB · Views: 29