• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RIM X 60 degree bolt question

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
Is there any way to make the bolt not have to rotate so high. I hit my scope with my hand as I am using the bolt. Is there a swept bolt or a way to shorten the throw of a bolt. I have two terminus actions, and the throw is a lot less on them. Thanks for any advice.

The rimX has a 90 degree throw. No, you can’t shorten that. I’m sure they are developing something to compete with Vudoo’s new 3 lug 60 degree throw action.

Well the rimx is a 90 and a terminus us a 60

The bolt knob is threaded. Made something similar to the sterk swept ball for tikka that mimics the AI knob

I wouldn't expect Zermatt to go 60 degree with the RimX just like they haven't for the TL3/Origin and the TL series is one of the oldest custom actions

Or fix how you run the bolt...

Reactions: Mrindecisive
@brianf I have fired 10's of thousands of rounds through bolt guns. I am sorry that you use your gut instead of your brain. Its simple math. The bolt is very close to the scope when cycled to the open position. Easy fix make a 60% through. Looks like Vudoo is doing this. There was an issue and they solved it. I was looking for a way, with out having to sell my trainer to fix the problem.

The reason vudoo made a 60 degree...

one, to sell more actions and make money

two, if it’s a trainer it should match you comp gun...a lot of guys run 60 degree action in comps

just because you have done something X times doesn’t mean your doing it correctly.

The reason vudoo made a 60 degree...

one, to sell more actions and make money

two, if it’s a trainer it should match you comp gun...a lot of guys run 60 degree action in comps

just because you have done something X times doesn’t mean your doing it correctly.
ding ding ding

I ran a Tikka T1X for thousands of rounds, and then Tikka T3X as well. When I got my Vudoo, the way I cycled my bolt would hit my thumb on my scope/throw lever.

I found some videos online on a different way to cycle my bolt and have been doing it that way since and never have an issue hitting my scope/throw lever. I also have a Terminus Zeus because I had previously liked 60 degrees so much. But then I got my Vudoo and had to learn how to do it right and now I appreciate the lighter lift of a 2-lug over a 3-lug. I have considered selling my Zeus to fund a Lone Peak setup but I already have 4 barrels for my Zeus.

So now I decided to just get a three 60 just to match.

Either way I still cycle like this - https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-lAPQ5JBZ_/?igshid=5dnyrqy1xsm6 which works for 90 degrees or 60 degrees. and doesn't require me to get my fingers in between the bolt and the scope.

1619707297152.png

Reactions: Prebanpaul
@brianf I have fired 10's of thousands of rounds through bolt guns. I am sorry that you use your gut instead of your brain. Its simple math. The bolt is very close to the scope when cycled to the open position. Easy fix make a 60% through. Looks like Vudoo is doing this. There was an issue and they solved it. I was looking for a way, with out having to sell my trainer to fix the problem.

Hi,

Designing a 60deg throw has really nothing to do with "fixing" the issue of the 90deg throws having people hit the scope/mounts/levers/etc.

How in the world do people operate the over 2 million Rem M700 90deg bolts IF it is an issue inherit to the design itself?
Along with ALL the M700 "clones"???

Sincerely,
Theis

use the palm of your hand to lift the bolt, and your thumb to close it. Millions of 90 degree bolts have been thrown w/o issue...

ding ding ding
Yeah you make something new to fix a problem. People do not buy new things, if what already exist is better. Bottom line, you have to be an idiot not to be able to see the problem. If you have not ever ran across this is with a 700 or clone that does not have a 60 deg throw, the problem is you have not ran enough rounds. But from reading you other post, your one of the "brads", that goes around and becomes a smart ass because you dont have an answer to the issue. You provide no help and a derogatory post. @brianf @ B6graham

@THEIS Usually your pretty smart. But damn if you dont get how a 60% bolt will help with the problem I have decscribed, then the issue is on you. Pretty straight forward. I can and have operate this unit, 6k plus times. I am not going to adjust how I run an action, as I am comfortable in the way I run it having fun and in Matches. I am simply looking to solve an issue I have with a gun. The same way that so Many CLone 700 actions have. Also now the Vudoo. I guess all the new technology is just to great for you to understand that it works. i guess I will tell all the 700 clones that by placing a 60 degree throw on them there was not need. Also I run the exact same 700 footprint with same chassis same sphur mount and same minox zp5 scope on 260,223, 22lr. The only one that I have an issue with is the 90% degree rim x. But hey you say it wont solve the problem. SO i guess i will just go back to the 90% throw on all of them.

Again looking for a solution if there is one. Not little bitches crying about user error, when there is not any. Its a simple mechanical fix of the weapon. I am looking to see if there is one.

Yeah you make something new to fix a problem. People do not buy new things, if what already exist is better. Bottom line, you have to be an idiot not to be able to see the problem. If you have not ever ran across this is with a 700 or clone that does not have a 60 deg throw, the problem is you have not ran enough rounds. But from reading you other post, your one of the "brads", that goes around and becomes a smart ass because you dont have an answer to the issue. You provide no help and a derogatory post. @brianf @ B6graham

@THEIS Usually your pretty smart. But damn if you dont get how a 60% bolt will help with the problem I have decscribed, then the issue is on you. Pretty straight forward. I can and have operate this unit, 6k plus times. I am not going to adjust how I run an action, as I am comfortable in the way I run it having fun and in Matches. I am simply looking to solve an issue I have with a gun. The same way that so Many CLone 700 actions have. Also now the Vudoo. I guess all the new technology is just to great for you to understand that it works. i guess I will tell all the 700 clones that by placing a 60 degree throw on them there was not need. Also I run the exact same 700 footprint with same chassis same sphur mount and same minox zp5 scope on 260,223, 22lr. The only one that I have an issue with is the 90% degree rim x. But hey you say it wont solve the problem. SO i guess i will just go back to the 90% throw on all of them.

Again looking for a solution if there is one. Not little bitches crying about user error, when there is not any. Its a simple mechanical fix of the weapon. I am looking to see if there is one.
You asked for advice, then given advice, then threw a tantrum when you didnt hear what you wanted.
You also went as far to question others' intelligence on the subject after asking if you can if there's "a way to shorten the throw of a bolt", let that noodle for a second.

Either take the advice, or sell it and buy the new voodoo. Its not complicated.

The only solution we can come up with for you is trying a different bolt knob.

We don't have any 60 degree throw actions or bolts and it's not just a simple design change to make that happen. There's a lot of work that goes into developing a new bolt assembly.

Sorry for any inconvenience - Ray

Reactions: Prebanpaul
Ray, I love the gun. It’s a hammer. I was basically wonder if there was a swept bolt like the Tikas from sterk. That is all. If there is not. I will keep shooting my set up. Just seeing if I could enhance it.

You asked for advice, then given advice, then threw a tantrum when you didnt hear what you wanted.
You also went as far to question others' intelligence on the subject after asking if you can if there's "a way to shorten the throw of a bolt", let that noodle for a second.

Either take the advice, or sell it and buy the new voodoo. Its not complicated.
Again never once did I ask for advice. I asked a a mechanical solution to a problem. Thanks though.

Ray, I love the gun. It’s a hammer. I was basically wonder if there was a swept bolt like the Tikas from sterk. That is all. If there is not. I will keep shooting my set up. Just seeing if I could enhance it.
RimX has a swept bolt handle.

Is there any way to make the bolt not have to rotate so high. I hit my scope with my hand as I am using the bolt. Is there a swept bolt or a way to shorten the throw of a bolt. I have two terminus actions, and the throw is a lot less on them. Thanks for any advice.

Again never once did I ask for advice. I asked a a mechanical solution to a problem. Thanks though.
huh? You literally said "thanks for any advice". Sure sounds like you were welcoming advice....

(also, and youve already been told this, its not a problem. Its the operator not working within the bounds of the firearms. Its like trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole then blaming the hammer for it not working)

Last edited: