• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rim-X Barreled action chassis or stock

bd28

Private
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2019
I'm waiting on my Rim-X barreled action but not sure of stock or chassis. Majority of my shooting will be from bench or prone at 50,100 (for groups),200,300,400 yards( steel targets). Was leaning towards a KRG Bravo or maybe a Manners but open to suggestions. If I could save a little on the stock/chassis I would spend more on better glass. (Tract Toric). As far as budget I could stretch it out to about $1200.

BOCO.jpg

I love Bravos but for the best accuracy maybe a stock that is pillared and bedded? Ask @orkin he has built many accurate RimX rifles and always accurate

Reactions: PearShooter
Get a Manners with mini chassis and just drop it in and go. You will be happy you did.

Reactions: King_beardsly
I've had mine in the following chassis/stocks so far.

Cadex Competition - No place to add weight to improve balance off barricades but shot great
Q Side Chick - too light weight for matches
Terry Cross MACS chassis (mini chassis) - bottom is not conducive for shooting off barricades but shot great
Foundation Genesis 2 - pretty ass heavy, even with the light weight fill to reduce weight in the back, and the front full of lead.

Preference for me is the Foundation for sure, but it would be best suited for a 20"+ barrel length to improve balance.

I have 2 rimx builds. One in a matrix pro and one in a manners T2a gap. I agree that you should stick in a manners mini chassis. Will keep weight down and probably be balanced without having the weight of a balanced chassis

XLR Envy Pro for my RimX with 22 inch heavy barrel. Issue is balance - look for a stock/chassis with "lighter" buttstock so you do not need so much weight up front for balance.

I had mine in a KRG Bravo for a little while with a 20” medium palma contour with the tuna can and it balanced alright, then switched it to the PRS1 with similar results. Then this season I switched to a 23” straight contour in the PRS1 and it now balances like a champ on most props I encounter, granted it’s now right around 20lbs but it’s worth it.
IMG_1563.jpeg
67046664409__83492581-6540-493A-B5D3-44EF7E40DB1D.jpeg

Last edited:
I had mine in a KRG Bravo for a little while with a 20” medium palma contour with the tuna can and it balanced alright, then switched it to the PRS1 with similar results. Then this season I switched to a 23” straight contour in the PRS1 and it not balances like a champ on most props I encounter, granted it’s now right around 20lbs but it’s worth it. View attachment 8144505View attachment 8144506

You say it not balances?

Just clarifying as I am getting a 23" straight put on my Gen 1 Vudoo now and it was in a PRS2. Glad it was a spell check error. ;)

I’ll be the devils advocate here. I don’t want my 22 weighing 20 lbs. I would also not call the bravo poor quality.

I shoot local rimfire comps with my RimX. 13 lbs fully loaded is perfect for me.

B7D65478-CB3D-4FEB-B6EB-D7973776D264.jpeg

20230516_115732.jpg

Running a 22" Bartlein barrel, KRG Whiskey 3 stock, Element Theos scope. Loaded up ready to go, just a shy over 17lbs. He is hefty but stable and balances well. Buddy has the same build minus the stock. He is running a foundation and his is the same weight.