• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rim-X, Proof prefit, Matrix Pro and Razor Gen 2

stevieb92

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I was able to get out to the range today and get my new Rim-X build dialed in and I am pleasantly surprised. I purchased a Proof stainless prefit in the 24 inch Comp contour since it was available and a good price. My plan is to use this rig next year for some PRS 22 matches. I've read some mixed reviews of Proof prefits, but I elected to take a chance on it. I also have a Cortina V2 tuner on the barrel, but never touched it. At this point, I'm not sure if it's necessary with this combo for PRS. The Rim-X fed all rounds flawlessly. I only shot 100 rounds today. The large black bull target was for initial scope sight in and then I shot three 5 shot groups at the left upper corner of the blue squares. All shooting on paper was at 50 yards and all were 5 shot groups. Looking forward to trying out positions next trip to the range!

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

Nice shooting and great looking rifle. Nice to see the pre-fit is working out well for you. Did you install it yourself or have a gunsmith do it?

Thanks. I'm glad it's working out as well. I installed it myself. It was super easy.

That's awesome. I was very close to picking up a Rim-X and putting it together myself but got swayed by the 60 degree throw of the Vudoo. I liked the ideal of picking up more tools and having them for some centerfire builds down the line. I'll still probably pick all the tools up, but I wish Rim-X would release a 60 degree bolt option. If they do in the future I might give them a try.