• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rim X questions

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    I have a few questions about the latest Rim X actions. I owned an early Rim X and had to deal with sear to cocking piece clearance issues, which I was able to resolve. My questions are:

-What are the most compatible 2 stage triggers for this action / what triggers to avoid?
    -How does the Rim X work with the Xylo chassis? My V-22 360 isnt a drop in fit, it needs a longer mag catch (which the adjustable mag in the Rim X should resolve) & some of my V-22 magazines are too wide to fit in the mag well. How does the Rim X action fit?

thank you

Bix and Andy 2 stage with low sear here as well. Awesome trigger that I will be installing in all of my new rifle builds!

I have 2 Rim-X and both have Triggertech Diamond single stage triggers. Have never had an issue with this combo🤞
    20220521_122940.jpg

I had issues in the extreme winter conditions with my TT Diamond. I went with a Tac Sport 2 stage as the Pro was out of stock. Low Seer and flat shoe. The trigger has been awesome. I never did try it in my XYLO chassis before I went to the XLR Envy Pro. I kind of wish I had tried it.

I had issues in the extreme winter conditions with my TT Diamond. I went with a Tac Sport 2 stage as the Pro was out of stock. Low Seer and flat shoe. The trigger has been awesome. I never did try it in my XYLO chassis before I went to the XLR Envy Pro. I kind of wish I had tried it.
    Do you expect the chassis would have changed anything as far as the trigger is concerned? I can see a fitment problem but not an operation problem.

I had a early rim X action and it was good once I got it sorted out, but I have been / am still a very big Vudoo fan so I sold the rim X and been shooting V-22's exclusively for a few years now without regrets. However I picked up a Xylo chassis and I am very impressed! It just isn't compatible with the magazine on the Vudoo, it needs a longer mag catch. Plus I want a few barrels to test, I want to have a heavy barrel for precision and I want to try a proof carbon fiber barrel. Hence my questions...

Reactions: Defender32
    Do you expect the chassis would have changed anything as far as the trigger is concerned? I can see a fitment problem but not an operation problem.

I had a early rim X action and it was good once I got it sorted out, but I have been / am still a very big Vudoo fan so I sold the rim X and been shooting V-22's exclusively for a few years now without regrets. However I picked up a Xylo chassis and I am very impressed! It just isn't compatible with the magazine on the Vudoo, it needs a longer mag catch. Plus I want a few barrels to test, I want to have a heavy barrel for precision and I want to try a proof carbon fiber barrel. Hence my questions...
    I owned 2 Vudoo's and 1 of them I ordered with the XYLO Chassis. I did not see the accuracy I thought the rifle should have. I had a Bartline & Ace barrel. I tested lots of ammo in the SK lineup. They all shot good, but not great. I also had the magazine issues and Vudoo with the great customer service they have replaced all my magazines with ones that fit and dropped free in the XYLO. All of them were tested in-house before sending them to me.

I pulled a Zermatt RimX Cert off of a prize table and built it up with a 12T barrel and fell in love with the setup. I then sold both Vudoo's and have a second RimX Action on order. I love my Tac Sport trigger way better than the TT triggers that I currently have. My plan is to swap all my triggers over to TacSport.

I traded LittlePod my XYLO for another chassis that a buddy of mine was wanting. Sold it to him and ordered my Envy Pro. I really enjoyed the XYLO and it is a beautifully made chassis. I still have the 3D printer file for a scalloped cheep piece for it. Makes for a better cheek weld for support side and strong side shooting.

Have owned two RimXs and both of them have used TriggerTech single and two stage triggers. Both have worked flawlessly with every brand/lot of ammo I have used. These are in an MPA chassis.

Reactions: jbell
    I have 2 remx with Elfman tactical R700 triggers and never had a single problem. Both are in JAE chassis.

Reactions: jbell
    I owned 2 Vudoo's and 1 of them I ordered with the XYLO Chassis. I did not see the accuracy I thought the rifle should have. I had a Bartline & Ace barrel. I tested lots of ammo in the SK lineup. They all shot good, but not great. I also had the magazine issues and Vudoo with the great customer service they have replaced all my magazines with ones that fit and dropped free in the XYLO. All of them were tested in-house before sending them to me.

I pulled a Zermatt RimX Cert off of a prize table and built it up with a 12T barrel and fell in love with the setup. I then sold both Vudoo's and have a second RimX Action on order. I love my Tac Sport trigger way better than the TT triggers that I currently have. My plan is to swap all my triggers over to TacSport.

I traded LittlePod my XYLO for another chassis that a buddy of mine was wanting. Sold it to him and ordered my Envy Pro. I really enjoyed the XYLO and it is a beautifully made chassis. I still have the 3D printer file for a scalloped cheep piece for it. Makes for a better cheek weld for support side and strong side shooting.

I would love a Xylo with like the XLR Envy Pro's full NV Bridge, and an adjustable mag latch. the anti-cant mag latch design that the Xylo had is great. Can push your magazine into a barricade without any issues.

Reactions: Defender32
    I have the longer mag catch on order from ARC for my Xylo so I can try my 360 in it. I am still interested in getting a Rim X built too.