• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire 40X Bolts

KAZ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2004
BROWNWOOD, TX
Good news for those who bought or wanted to buy the barreled 40X rimfire receivers CMP has for sale right now. Dave Kiff wanted to pass along that Pacific Tool and Die will be starting 40x bolt production the last week of january. I don't know this guy or have one of his bolts, but a friend that knows 40X rimfires has five from the last run of PT&D earlier production and says they are high quality. Regards

Re: Rimfire 40X Bolts

Don't know, the ones I know about went in original 40X rimfire barreled receivers just like the onces CMP has right now, but that is a good question as my 40X uses the same bases, and will fit in a regular stock.

I am and do. Your not understanding what Im saying. Its no different than the difference between a 223 and 308 bolt face. Just machine it with a LR bolt recess and an offset firing pin hole.

I'll bet that if there are enough barreled receivers purchased that having a supplier of the main part(complete bolt) available some one will make the small parts to go with the bolts. If, you look at Dave K site he offers a lot of Remington parts for current Rem models. Especially since Remington it seems is no longer going to support the thousands of 721 and early 700 receivers.

Calm down. Dont get your panties in a wad. Im juts thinking outloud trying to make a rimfire 700 more accessible. If it wont work it wont work but I dont believe that with all the mechanical ingenuity around here we cant figure out how to work through those little problems. Like the firing pin could be 2 piece and the head with the pin could rotate with the bolt and the striker hits that instead of the case directly. Use AR-15 style extractor scaled for rimfire, that solves the extractor problem. I haddnt thought of feeding but it would likely be a single shot gun any way, so whats wrong with feeding it straight into the chamber with your hand? I have a couple of old single shot 22s that work that way. Nothing in the gun needs to be offset. Think outside the box man.

A few points to consider. SDW knows 40X as used on these fine old target rifles, he is expert on them and has helped us understand the small differences in these old receivers in the 721 and early 700 series as opposed to the current ones. Dave K builds an excellent complete rimfire 40X bolt and has none in stock because he sold everyone from his last run. He appears to be willing to make a new run if there is enough market. So, we have posted this info on several important forums so that he gets a feel for the market. Enough interest and someone will make the small parts to go along with these barreled actions, and someone will off a drop in stock to allow us to build our trainers.
McLaren, you might get more input on your idea to convert center fire 700s to rimfire by starting a thread in the Gun Smithing part of this forum. Regards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ATTENTION****Edited to add that there is a post on RFC under Remington and the 40X bolt thread that a Member there actually obtained the ejector etc all from Remington. That would be super news for everyone who bought or wants to buy a barreled receiver. He didn't mention cost. Apparently he talked to someone @ Remington that gives a shit about customer service vs. the numbnuts I apparently got ahold of who had no desire to help me and made it very clear that Remington DID NOT HAVE THE PARTS!!! Hope this is right and they are indeed available from Remington. I will be more than happy to eat crow and sincerely apologize for my misinformation I have posted on this>***</div></div>

I believe you are talking about my post over at RFC. I picked up the Ejector, receiver filler piece and spring from Remington parts. I also picked up Ejector screws from E-Numrich. I purchased two stripped receivers so I ordered two of everything from remington and it cost me $70 with outrageous shipping.

Remington
F16114 Receiver Filler Spring $12 (bin #8150)
F16113 Receiver Filler Piece $12 (bin #8158)
F19785 Ejector $33.60 (bin #8173)

Numrich
816680 Ejector Screw $3.45

I was also told by the rep that if you send your barreled action to Remington they will fit a new bolt to it. He would not give me a quote on the cost. He said to send in action and someone would call. I think I am going to send one of my actions in to see how much it will run.

Wish I would have had the opportunity to purchase a complete rifle and make life easy but oh well maybe next time. Should have never sold my 40x to begin with and would not be here.
frown.gif

As to the condition I am hoping they do not have issues with stripped holes and broken off screws. It seems the CMP lists receivers as "bad" when they are, so fingers crossed on this one. Will post pics when they come in.

Update, they are ready to take orders for these bolts with a price of $199 for this run of 250 bolts. Call them if interested.

Who is making them? PTG?Are they complete with firing pin, Etc?

All I know is Pacific Tool & Gauge is going to run 250 pieces and is currently taking orders. (541) 826-5808. If you place your order during the first run, the price for the complete bolt assembly (handle installed) is $199