• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Benchrest Scope

DFOOSKING

SoDak Cat
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2009
    Iceshack Village, Buttfuck Nowhere
    Is there a sub $800 scope made that's got quite a bit of zoom for 50 and 100 yard rimfire benchrest? Something in 30 to 40X magnification range?

Want something for my 52B as I'm about to swap the Premier back onto a centerfire rig.
    FB_IMG_1673325638977.jpg

Last edited:
    Is there a sub $800 scope made that's got quite a bit of zoom for 50 and 100 yard rimfire benchrest? Something in 30 to 40X magnification range?

Want something for my 52B as I'm about to swap the Premier back onto a centerfire rig.
    View attachment 8171998
    Athlon Argos BTR Gen II 10-40x56 BLR normally can be found for under $475 a friend has one and I looked through it and I would buy one except I want a single dot it has a mil dot setup.

Lee

Athlon Argos BTR Gen II 10-40x56 BLR normally can be found for under $475 a friend has one and I looked through it and I would buy one except I want a single dot it has a mil dot setup.

Lee
    I would look hard at one of these as well. I used one for about 6 months then sold it to help a new shooter get started in the 22 LR game.

I do regret the sell, but it went to a good cause. (y)

I use the SIII 45x45 ED on my Vudoo V22s and turbo V1 at 50 yds, and have a Weaver 36x on a CZ 457 MTR, all are FCH, no dot. The SIII 45x ED can be purchased in the $850 range, while the Weaver's are all 2nd hand now that Weaver is gone.

Reactions: stewbud
    I use the SIII 45x45 ED on my Vudoo V22s and turbo V1 at 50 yds, and have a Weaver 36x on a CZ 457 MTR, all are FCH, no dot. The SIII 45x ED can be purchased in the $850 range, while the Weaver's are all 2nd hand now that Weaver is gone.
    I used to use the SIII 45 but now use the Weaver XR46 IME the Weaver is brighter with better clarity these when you can find them sell in the $600-675 range but beware as noted they have no support for them. and there are some sellers out there who are selling some that have the problem with the lube getting on the lens. I had that problem once good thing it was an Ebay purchase and I got my refund with their 100% satisfaction guarantee.
    But I go back to my recommendation on the Athlon for something under $500

Lee

I have an Arken EP-5 on my NRL .22 rifle. Yes, it's cheap Chinese junk compared to almost every other scope I have, but it's on a .22 with virtually zero recoil, and most importantly the turrets have tracked consistently for more than a year now. You can look through a scope and tell immediately that it's sub par glass, but how far are you shooting? For me this is completely adequate to 500 yards on the cheap (and I wear glasses). It does distort on max power, which I have only used screwing around on a square range. I can't imagine you need more than 20X on a .22. At 20X there is no distortion. Mine almost always stays on 10X anyway.

I can hardly buy a scope I'll be happy with for $800, but true tracking turrets is all I was really asking for, and this does it. There are guys at matches shooting ZCOs on their .22s. More power to them. My tier one scopes live on rifles where I can actually use their potential. For a .22 I'm not going to go crazy for "the best" when for much less I can get something that works perfectly out to 500 yards.

Just my opinion, but you don't get much in optics for $800. At five something I think you'll be happy with this on a .22. I am.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
    I have a Bushnell 4200 6-24 target scope with fine cross hairs and dot, It's a nice scope with good glass and good tracking/adjustments albeit limited elevation BUT the dot is way to big(1/4 moa) and the cross hairs are to thick. Lower end standard seem to be weaver t-36 and sightron sII. Bear in mind that most scopes will not have parralax adjustment down to 25 yards.

I have an Arken EP-5 on my NRL .22 rifle. Yes, it's cheap Chinese junk compared to almost every other scope I have, but it's on a .22 with virtually zero recoil, and most importantly the turrets have tracked consistently for more than a year now. You can look through a scope and tell immediately that it's sub par glass, but how far are you shooting? For me this is completely adequate to 500 yards on the cheap (and I wear glasses). It does distort on max power, which I have only used screwing around on a square range. I can't imagine you need more than 20X on a .22. At 20X there is no distortion. Mine almost always stays on 10X anyway.

I can hardly buy a scope I'll be happy with for $800, but true tracking turrets is all I was really asking for, and this does it. There are guys at matches shooting ZCOs on their .22s. More power to them. My tier one scopes live on rifles where I can actually use their potential. For a .22 I'm not going to go crazy for "the best" when for much less I can get something that works perfectly out to 500 yards.

Just my opinion, but you don't get much in optics for $800. At five something I think you'll be happy with this on a .22. I am.
    I would argue that the glass is quite good for the price point. Clearly not $2K+ glass, but for the price point it is an excellent scope.