• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire cleaning products

kengel2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2009
Bedico, Louisiana
So ive had my cz 452 for a while and ive never cleaned it. The rod I have wont fit.

Any best rec's for stuff? Rod, jag, patches, cleaner?

Just saw bore tech has a rimfire blend cleaner, anyone used that?

Yes the bore tech is great stuff there’s a recent tread about cleaning a voodoo v22 check it out lots of good info in there

Reactions: kengel2
A .20 cal. one-piece stainless steel rod is a good idea. Pro Shot makes nice products. Always use a rifle-specific bore guide. Either a brass .22LR brush or a nylon brush is a good idea, followed by a jag with patches with the solvent of choice. Rimfire Blend is good. After the first deep cleaning, patch it after every range trip. Not much more than that.

Reactions: kengel2
That thread is great. But on a side note. I have tested the BT rimfire blend against the C4 carbon cleaner and the C4 seems to always work a bit faster.

Reactions: nikonNUT
If you want something to do a quick and easy cleaning of the bore when done at the range, google patch worm cleaning kit. Easy to use, store, transport, etc., get a couple extra of the white buttons if you order as those little suckers can run off when you're not looking. :)

Reactions: Kingbird87