• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire F-Class/ High Power practice match

ryanjay11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2010
Missouri
I have been using a 22 to practice reading the wind for F-Class. We get together after work and spend a couple of hours flinging lead. Its cheap and can be done anywhere that you can shoot 100 yards.

Here is a description of the match with photos.

Re: Rimfire F-Class/ High Power practice match

Now that would be awesome if matches like that would catch on!

Excellent concept. It dovetails perfectly with our own local FV200/FV250 C/F formats.

Greg

Belly benchrest rimfire?????

Pleeeeeeese God,...NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Belly benchrest rimfire?????

Pleeeeeeese God,...NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! </div></div>

Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

that's an awesome idea! i would love it if there were a match like that around here.

I hope that you get credited with a new class of competition.

A southeast U.S. league while the Bermuda High is running would be outstanding.

Having the range face east or west, of course.

Our local range only shoots traditional rimfire matches. Too boring for me.

I have been practicing F class with my .22 RF with a 1000 yard target downsized for 100. Mostly I shoot the .22 at 200 yards, but I think the first method shows me where I stand better. There is a 1000 yard practice match this weekend so maybe I will find out. They always pick the two hottest days of the year. Why I don't know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Belly benchrest rimfire?????

Pleeeeeeese God,...NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! </div></div>

hell your in the UK why does it matter. I wish we had something like that close to me i would be all over it. Keep it up RJ

I think it is a great idea, and a way for people to get involved and get their feet wet in f class. It might not bring the top tier people to the practice match, but it will give the average shooter the needed practice and trigger time. Great idea, I would love to get involved in something like that.

Ryan Ware

For those in South Texas that were wanting to get into these type of matches the South Texas Marksmanship Training Center holds a mini palma/F-class match on the third saturday of each month at Blackhawk range in Atascosa county. The main difference seems to be that they limit your sighters. I haven't been able to make it out to a match yet, but I'm hoping to shoot one soon. I think it will be a good way for beginners like me to get their feet wet shooting matches and should help me work on my shooting until I can afford an F-class setup.

Calendar

Match Info

Great idea, I might be able to get some of the luddites at my local club to give that a try.

We have been shooting this match once a week for the past month. The heat has been a killer. Normally wind isn't a good thing, but it has given us some relief. We shot the match completely at 200 this week. It seems to be the magic distance where the wind has slightly more affect than the inconsistency in ammo. We throw some deer brats or burgers on the grill while we shoot and usually hang out for a bit after the match to check out each others rifles.

There are a variety of rifles at the match:
CZ 455/Manners, Custom 40X/McMillan, Anschutz 64MPR, 10/22/Shilen, Savage Mark II, Kimber 82, AR's with dedicated 22LR uppers, etc.

We've been shooting a 100 yard prone rimfire match for a bit now and it's a hoot. We were supposed to shoot our first 200 yard match today, but it fell through due to weather. We're gonna give it another try, though.

Although I have a pretty nice benchrest rifle (semi custom built on a 40X action), I was planning to shoot the match with my 10/22. I was anticipating a good bit of wind, due to the weather. I figured that I'd wait for a favorable condition and unload, while all of the bolt gun guys were reloading and trying to get their shots in.

Hey, it's a strategy.