• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Rimfire F-class

memilanuk

F'ing nuke
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2002
    East Wenatchee WA
    Anyone here playing the rimfire F-class game?

Starting to kick around the notion of adding rimfire F-class matches to the list at our club; I've got some targets on order so hopefully a few of us can get together and give it a try and see if it's something worth doing in the winter months when the fog makes seeing the targets @ 300 or 600 a no-go.

Reactions: Rover31
    It's a lot of fun. We just had our 2nd Smallbore match and our first as part of ASSA. Ran a 1200 match! Our next match is in Feb and it will be an 1800 for National record! 12 shooters at our first and 10 at this shoot. Thanksgiving weekend was not the best time to plan it.

Reactions: memilanuk
    Our club has been running Rimfire F-Class (3X20) for about 18 months. Currently we shoot F-Class at 100 yards but considering adding another match at 200.
    We generally have 6-12 shooters. Currently, F-Class and BR start at the same time on adjoining ranges. Starting next month, BR will start after F-Class wraps up, allowing shooters to participate in both matches instead of choosing one over the other. Doing so will increase participation in both matches.
    F-Class is a lot of fun. Shooters of all levels of skill and equipment are encouraged to compete. We shoot for bragging rights with no prizes or awards.

Yes- just started holding matches at our club. We use a NRA 100 yard small bore target (A-25) and shoot at 200 yards. That target has a 1/2 minute “X” and a 1 minute “10- ring” when shot at 200 yards. Our course of fire has been:

Match 1: Unlimited sighters followed by two targets for record with 10 rounds per target in 25 minutes.

Match 2: Two sighters followed by two targets for record with 10 rounds per target in 22 minutes

Match 3: Two sighters followed by two targets for record with 10 rounds per target in 22 minutes.

Match 4: The aggregate of Match 1-3.

So that ends up being 60 shots for “record”.

it is a lot of fun and is challenging especially if it is windy! I highly recommend doing it.

Center X, Midas+, SK Standard plus, CCI standard velocity are the ones I know for sure. I am sure Eley is being used as well