• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rimfire gunsmiths

selfbowhunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2006
TEXAS
i have a couple of new to me rimfires coming and i may want to get them rechambered and crowned. i do my own centerfire work but i have never messed with the rimfires. i hear they are extremely fickle. who might you suggest to do this work in a timely manner for a fair price?

chuck

Re: rimfire gunsmiths

What rifles are you wanting to get done? for the most part rimfires are very picky about ammo not so much the style of chamber or crown unless it's a semi auto, Then the only thing the matters is the style of chamber you use in it.

one is an h&r M12 and the other is a savage/anschutz 64 target. i have never chambered a rimfire before.

chuck

Those 2 guns will likely need nothing except maybe a crown. I would especially leave the chamber of the Anschutz 64 alone. If the 64 won't shoot then it is most likely not the chamber.

i will crown them myself and contact mark if they dont shoot to expectations. thanks for the suggestions.

chuck

Tumbleweed Custom Rifles out of Austin TX.
Mark is a great guy and an AWESOME shot to boot.