• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Hit Indicators

Trung Si Ma

13F4P, Retired
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2021
Ft Sill, OK
Was talking to the owner of the range where I go to shoot beyond 300 yards and we were discussing the difficulty of verifying hits at 500 yards we talked about the MagnetoSpeed T-1000 units but neither of us have any experience with them. From what I have been able to find out they're pretty good for centerfire but no one had any facts on rimfire.

Anyone have any experience with the T-1000 and rimfire?

Are there any other hit indicators that work for rimfire?

Thanks,

Don

The new t1000's work great for rimfire. We used them at the MARS finale on about a dozen targets from 300-450ish with good success

I have had terrible luck with the new ones. We have 10 old and 3 new. Ready to toss them in the trash.

I wish the old ones were still avail.

Reactions: D_TROS
We use two MagnetoSpeed V1's and two V2's at my cottage A LOT out to 350 yards and I'd say they activate about 85-90% of the time with rimfire rounds. Much seems to depends on the size/thickness of the AR plate and where it gets hit in relation to where the indictor is mounted.

My only experience with them was as a competitor in a rimfire match where the MD was trying to use centerfire grade targets with these activators.
As mentioned above the success rate was very spotty. Thinner steel would certainly work better.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Ours are so sensitive that they sometimes flash from splash(?) when the other target next to (approx. 2-3 feet) it is hit.

I use them at my rimfire matches with very good results. They key is to use thin steel. 3/8" can work depending on target size and distance, but 1/4" or even 3/16" is better. The lights are also adjustable. For really long 22lr stuff (300+) I set the light sensitivity to high.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Personally, while we use these flashers on steel out to 500yds, and if there is limited wind you can hear the very delayed impacts, I much prefer shooting Aluminum plate as distances past 300. It rings VERY LOUD, there is little doubt of impact and with the better grades of plate, very little to no cratering in this material.

I use them on 1/4" steel out to 400 with zero problems. This is even with subsonic Center X ammo.

Never tried 3/8" or 1/2"

Thanks for everyone's comments. We used two of the t1000's at 400, 450, and 500 yards today and they worked well. We're going to get some more so that we can cover all three ranges simultaneously.

Again, thanks for all of the comments and assistance.