• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Project #2

Will Fennell

Sergeant
Minuteman
My first Rimfire project inspired by this forum was a Savage MKII TR....had fun with it, fixed it up, and a buddy offered me more than I had in it, so it went to a new home....on to something new!

I just finished the last big step in my new trainer...

CZ452 Varmint 22LR-Check
Boyds Tacticool- Check
DIP 25MOA Base- Check
Burris Signature ZEE rings- Check
Barrel Threaded for Suppressor w/protector( suppressor is still "in process")-check
Metal GunKote'd Black-Check

Just finished tonite....

Mounted and bore-sighted Weaver Grand Slam 3-10x40 Tactical Mil/Mil-Check
Installed Rifle Basix Trigger and Set at 2.5Lbs- Check

I was a little concerned about the trigger installation, but it went easy enough. Good directions
wink.gif

I'll start shooting it this weekend....I'll try for some Pics.....the only changes I may make are installing an ACCUSHOT forend rail so I can use my ATLAS Bipod...until then, a old VersaPod will have to do....

I just poured 3 fingers of Lagavulin to Celebrate!

Re: Rimfire Project #2

Sounds nice.... wheres the pics? I have a similar build going on, and waiting on the Manners stock

Re: Rimfire Project #2

Sorry guys, no pics, but I did spend time on the range today, and got my firm 50 yard zero( using Wolf MT), and dope for 100 and 200 yards. I group at 100 was right at 1 MOA for 5 shots. Right after firing that group, a crow lit in a tree beside the range at about 125 yards. Since he was obviously there to destroy crops( there is no season on crows here if they are destroying crops), I added a few clicks to my 100 yard dope, and made my first kill with my new favorite rifle!

Whats the verdict on bedding on these Boyds Tacticool stocks? My CZ drops in, the action seems snug, and the barrel free floats.....should I leave well enough alone?