Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

168BTHPM

Werepig
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Mar 1, 2008
    Nevada
    I just got this Mauser Patrone today. I bought it because I had the scope and no rifle to put it on.

IMG_1370 (2).JPG

turbo_bird

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2021
    Canada
    Thanks for the compliments. It's my first try at making a stock, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I kind of wish I'd used something a bit nicer than birch though, but I didn't want to buy nice wood to screw up. The birch I used was leftovers that my grandpa had cut and planed, so it's almost like I had a bit of help on the project. I inherited most of his tools and all the wood scraps when we bought my grandparents house, and I've used bits and pieces for making wooden kids toys and stuff too. Here's the start of it, and the stock I loosely patterned it on.
    Kyn7aXOfdCa8esjCmlo2lXvjcCHQJD61fLZxT515-0CekGepNDMWep6eKRnAaaextNgNHJ0PiCK5BED5WFkh0KcLXGO7j4uZnL-lP6Iy57G4SXxXvuzrmS2s5ahXThXyJa9IBhnM4u0=w2400

Kristian

turbo_bird

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2021
    Canada
    Some of my match rifles, I don't compete anymore so these may be on the chopping block if the kids don't want them.

View attachment 7932175
    Beautiful rifles. I love the old school target rifles. I've got a couple Schultz and Larsen single shot 22's with diopter sights that I should take some nice photos of. The one closest to the camera is a 22, and probably has the nicest beech stock I've ever seen.
    YZF77e8E5TsD6FGjrZZ4K8W7S0hdJtQt8zebIfDDde9E351FJPyIO_HznQYVCfH4KjsGpjdItD8EHsD13yCOIFMPDLfBlof-x3jmfOevAH4pTKndwQrLhynB0giXSZFMXfgJFyIa8SI=w2400

Then there's this one, it's got a 1.5 oz set trigger and the rifle weighs almost 16 lbs. I keep thinking I should make a scope mount that replaces the rear sight so I can see what I'm shooting at, but if I've got the right targets, I can do reasonably good with it, about 3/16" to 1/4" groups at 25 yards with good ammo and a rest or prone.
    69KnVwe78Rjaw_LeYjsTBv4ced0v4t9K3PafscynnmDmb-UvRODTfsdbnwFEG_bPUIJYUTLGuby-WOzMu496ko5dUqU_3_ZRvDI-gbM-_xD1OmM5NQsCjke_2sDKjK2igbL4NdL8Feg=w2400

kn5j5B3ltF9_ymbyTeKZltvDPAtHfVlaXkY-JsFYGbc2E5awuBZ927Ik0-A_Xo7g3a5sVvuAIgop7sGH17ahPgk_oUtOp52h4gJxwwpWiILudxHUNwVWAbdDwHICWUB3MxhxZOd69I0=w2400

It took a fair bit of work to get 50+ years of dirt and grime out of the stippling, but it was worth it. When I got it, you could barely tell the wood had any amount of figure to it.
    Kristian

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    Beautiful rifles. I love the old school target rifles. I've got a couple Schultz and Larsen single shot 22's with diopter sights that I should take some nice photos of. The one closest to the camera is a 22, and probably has the nicest beech stock I've ever seen.
    YZF77e8E5TsD6FGjrZZ4K8W7S0hdJtQt8zebIfDDde9E351FJPyIO_HznQYVCfH4KjsGpjdItD8EHsD13yCOIFMPDLfBlof-x3jmfOevAH4pTKndwQrLhynB0giXSZFMXfgJFyIa8SI=w2400

Then there's this one, it's got a 1.5 oz set trigger and the rifle weighs almost 16 lbs. I keep thinking I should make a scope mount that replaces the rear sight so I can see what I'm shooting at, but if I've got the right targets, I can do reasonably good with it, about 3/16" to 1/4" groups at 25 yards with good ammo and a rest or prone.
    69KnVwe78Rjaw_LeYjsTBv4ced0v4t9K3PafscynnmDmb-UvRODTfsdbnwFEG_bPUIJYUTLGuby-WOzMu496ko5dUqU_3_ZRvDI-gbM-_xD1OmM5NQsCjke_2sDKjK2igbL4NdL8Feg=w2400

kn5j5B3ltF9_ymbyTeKZltvDPAtHfVlaXkY-JsFYGbc2E5awuBZ927Ik0-A_Xo7g3a5sVvuAIgop7sGH17ahPgk_oUtOp52h4gJxwwpWiILudxHUNwVWAbdDwHICWUB3MxhxZOd69I0=w2400

It took a fair bit of work to get 50+ years of dirt and grime out of the stippling, but it was worth it. When I got it, you could barely tell the wood had any amount of figure to it.
    Kristian
    What is the centerfire on the bipod? That is a very interesting action.

turbo_bird

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2021
    Canada
    What is the centerfire on the bipod? That is a very interesting action.
    That rifle is a Norwegian made Kongsberg 393, chambered in 308. It's a 3 lug bolt action based on the Finnish Lakelander. The weaver bases are machined as part of the action, and it's got an internal rotary magazine that can be unloaded by pressing the lever beside the ejection port. Not exactly a common rifle, and I've only ever seen pictures on the internet of one other target rifle like it. Hunting rifles with this action are relatively common though, and I've got a Finnish made 30-06 with the original version of it, while my brother has a Swedish made 6.5x55 hunting rifle based on the same action. The Finnish made one has a 9 lug bolt rather than a 3 lug, but is very similar. Turns out I tried to buy this one in 308 twice before finally getting it, without realizing it was the same rifle I had tried to buy several years before.
    The other scoped rifle in the photo is another kind of oddball one, it's a Swedish made Carl Gustav 6.5x55 target rifle using a Sauer 80 action. It's got probably the smoothest bolt throw I've ever seen.
    Kristian

Last edited:
    Reactions: crackerbrown

turbo_bird

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2021
    Canada
    Kristian,
    Super cool. Thank you for the info. I'm going up research them
    Good luck, they're cool old rifles. Not a ton of info out there, but there's some. I don't know how easy they'll be to find in the US, but here in Canada, we had a really cool import company that used to bring in all sorts of interesting European guns. They're still in business, but have scaled way back unfortunately, and their inventory isn't nearly as interesting as it once was. I've bought at least 7 rifles from them over the years, and have never been disappointed with what I got.
    Kristian

Reactions: jbell

MajorD

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 14, 2022
    Dewey AZ
    More of my smallbore collection. I also have a bunch of US PROPERTY marked stuff and a bunch of Winchester 52's and Remington 37's. If I am able to get up and walk tomorrow I will get some more photos.

View attachment 7932176

i am a sucker for the old classics myself- my dull black finished plastic stock rifles do yeomans work on the range, buy get a lot more enjoyment with the old classics. I am always looking for old classics, but they seem to have gotten rather hard to find in the last few years. Nice collection

Reactions: 168BTHPM

MajorD

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 14, 2022
    Dewey AZ
    Turbo bird where is that range? looks like a great place to shoot!
    nice job on the rifle too.
    I like seeing humble rifles that can shoot well.

turbo_bird

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2021
    Canada
    Turbo bird where is that range? looks like a great place to shoot!
    nice job on the rifle too.
    I like seeing humble rifles that can shoot well.
    Thanks for the kind words. The range is in central BC, Canada, and about 10 minutes from my house. Steel targets out to 945 yards on the rifle range, and 364 yards on the pistol/ rimfire range. It's pretty awesome, if I'm there during the week, I've quite often got the place to myself. It's cheap too, $80 a year for the membership. We recently had the western finals for the Canadian rimfire precision series there, which was a lot of fun. There's a lot of room to spread out for a match like that when we can use the whole range, but for club matches we just use the pistol range. Here's a couple videos one of the guys did from the big match, and you can see some of the area we have to play with.

Kristian

MajorD

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 14, 2022
    Dewey AZ
    Thanks for the kind words. The range is in central BC, Canada, and about 10 minutes from my house. Steel targets out to 945 yards on the rifle range, and 364 yards on the pistol/ rimfire range. It's pretty awesome, if I'm there during the week, I've quite often got the place to myself. It's cheap too, $80 a year for the membership. We recently had the western finals for the Canadian rimfire precision series there, which was a lot of fun. There's a lot of room to spread out for a match like that when we can use the whole range, but for club matches we just use the pistol range. Here's a couple videos one of the guys did from the big match, and you can see some of the area we have to play with.

Kristian

You are certainly fighting an uphill battle to retain your guns up there, keep fighting the good fight!

turbo_bird

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 25, 2021
    Canada
    You are certainly fighting an uphill battle to retain your guns up there, keep fighting the good fight!
    It seems like it's the same everywhere, were just further along in the process than you guys are. Between machine tools and 3d printers, they'll never disarm us all though. But then I'm probably some kind of extremist, the Canadian way seems to be to roll over and let the government do whatever they want to us. The crazy part is how many gun owners are ok with it, seeing how their guns aren't the ones being banned, yet. So many miss that last part though.
    Kristian

BamaBrad

Private
    Minuteman
    May 28, 2014
    It seems like it's the same everywhere, were just further along in the process than you guys are. Between machine tools and 3d printers, they'll never disarm us all though. But then I'm probably some kind of extremist, the Canadian way seems to be to roll over and let the government do whatever they want to us. The crazy part is how many gun owners are ok with it, seeing how their guns aren't the ones being banned, yet. So many miss that last part though.
    Kristian
    It’s crazy, unfortunately. But not to get off track nice pictures.

sawman556

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 16, 2012
    Bucks County, PA USA
    I made some upgrades to my B14R.

- TT Diamond Pro curved set at 10 oz.
    - ARC XYLO chassis
    - Atlas bipod w/Area 419 ARCA mount
    - NF NX8 2.5-20x50mm
    - NF rings and 20MOA base
    - Badger Ordnance bolt knob
    - Precision Shooter bolt handle

Waiting on my DA Mask. Can't wait! I'll likely get a Vudoo one day, but this thing shoots pretty good. I'd also like to build a .223 bolt-action just like this.

20220928-181311.jpg

20220928-181355.jpg

20220928-183557.jpg

JonKleman

Private
    Minuteman
    May 4, 2021
    Ohio
    I made some upgrades to my B14R.

- TT Diamond Pro curved set at 10 oz.
    - ARC XYLO chassis
    - Atlas bipod w/Area 419 ARCA mount
    - NF NX8 2.5-20x50mm
    - NF rings and 20MOA base
    - Badger Ordnance bolt knob
    - Precision Shooter bolt handle

Waiting on my DA Mask. Can't wait! I'll likely get a Vudoo one day, but this thing shoots pretty good. I'd also like to build a .223 bolt-action just like this.

20220928-181311.jpg

20220928-181355.jpg

20220928-183557.jpg
    Did you have any sort of feeding issues with the bergara in the xylo chassis?

sawman556

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 16, 2012
    Bucks County, PA USA
    Did you have any sort of feeding issues with the bergara in the xylo chassis?

I just got it Tuesday afternoon. Since then I have put about 250 rounds of CCI SV through it with zero feeding issues with my 10 different Bergara mags. I will say, with the bolt closed and a loaded mag, it's really tight getting the mag to seat. With an open bolt, no problems. It feeds spent casings without issue. I did order an extra mag release to play with. I'll likely shorten it by a hair which should easily solve the closed bolt issue. The only thing I had to do was shorten the front factory Bergara trigger pin by about .125". Took 2 seconds on a bench grinder and some Super Blue to appease my OCD. Action screws worked perfectly as well as the recoil lug clamp. I'll let you know the results of the shortened mag release as soon as I do it. Likely Friday.

Reactions: JonKleman

Kahrhart63

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 16, 2021
    Pennsylvania
    I have 4 rimfire repeaters to match my 2 center fire repeaters. My 2 in stocks are a rimx with 22 inch mueller works m40 contour barrel 1:12 twist built and chambered by ga precision. It sits in a Manners T2a gap stock. Next is a Vudoo 360 with 22 inch mtu barrel in Vudoo green sitting in a McMillan u1 stock in Vudoo camp with Vudoo bottom metal. Center fire is a ga precision built 6.5 creedmoor in a McMillan a5 stock. Love all these rifles. My chassis rifles all sit in mpa ba comp chassis. Vudoo gen 2 22 inch mtu barrel in stormtrooper white chassis. Weighs the same as my center fire rifle at just over 23 lbs. next is a Vudoo gen2 with 20 inch mtu barrel in sniper gray. Sitting in a tungsten gray chassis with the tract toric sniper gray scope. Quite pleasing to the eye. The center fire is a ga precision built 308. Love all thes as well.all of them are hammers.

Attachments

• 6A8E3B2A-88FD-49FC-924B-3ACBDE88EE9E.jpeg
      6A8E3B2A-88FD-49FC-924B-3ACBDE88EE9E.jpeg
      636.9 KB · Views: 100
    • 3CD965CD-569A-4684-A46A-D7551D1C9113.jpeg
      3CD965CD-569A-4684-A46A-D7551D1C9113.jpeg
      596.7 KB · Views: 97

Kahrhart63

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 16, 2021
    Pennsylvania
    Zco, kahles, Nightforce, Tract. But thay are all so close. Everyone is a super nice scope for rimfire. Beat for money tract toric all day long!

Reactions: nikonNUT

MSTN

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 31, 2010
    MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
    MSTN.BIZ
    3 LB 12 OZ of the most .22LR shooting fun you can possibly imagine. Tactical Solutions take-down receiver and barrel form the foundation of this lightweight, accurate, and versatile firearm. A Kidd single stage 2.5 LB trigger makes the shooter's job so much easier. Add the Magpul Take-down stock assembly and you have a state of the art .22LR that you won't be able to stop shooting. The only Ruger parts are the 10-RD and 25-Rd magazines.
    IMG_2547.jpeg
    IMG_2538.jpeg
    IMG_2549.jpeg
    IMG_2542.jpeg
    IMG_2545.jpeg
    IMG_2546.jpeg

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Dec 20, 2017
    3 LB 12 OZ of the most .22LR shooting fun you can possibly imagine. Tactical Solutions take-down receiver and barrel form the foundation of this lightweight, accurate, and versatile firearm. A Kidd single stage 2.5 LB trigger makes the shooter's job so much easier. Add the Magpul Take-down stock assembly and you have a state of the art .22LR that you won't be able to stop shooting. The only Ruger parts are the 10-RD and 25-Rd magazines.View attachment 7968436View attachment 7968437View attachment 7968438View attachment 7968439View attachment 7968441View attachment 7968444
    I can confirm "the most fun you can have.".

I have a near identical model, and the accuracy is insane w/ CCI SV. I've been wanting to try some CX or Midas just to see what the possibilities are. It is, by far, my favorite gun. And I'd like to believe I have some very nice guns.

Edit: some pics of mine, just 'cause.

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG